Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the September 2004 Dirt Wheels the other day. Theres an article under letters that says the following :
Dear Dirt Wheels,

I'm very angry with your shootout between the Honda 450R and the Yamaha YFZ in your June '04 issue.  You said the Yamaha was better, which is not true.  What about Time Farr winning on his 450R?  Next time make your shootout fair  and quit ragging on Hondas.  I'm getting a 450R and i bet it outlasts all the Yamahas.[/b]
Dirt Wheels, and most other ATV magazines and television shows, usually DO lean more towards Yamahas. I am very suprised they put this in the magazine. Damn Honda haters! lol. Also the 450R is the Baja winner. But i thought it was a very interesting letter in the magazine. And if you, Zach Smith (person who wrote the letter), is on this forum. I give you 2 thumbs up! :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
did dirt wheels comment back on that???

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Back in the 80's Honda could do no wrong in the eyes of Dirt Wheels...now they can seem to do no right...

BTW I have the magazine that they show from 19 years ago in the latest issue. I hauled that mag all over Wyoming with my family on vacation that summer almost 20 years ago!!!

It took me until this spring to FINALLY get a quad.

It was worth the wait! B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by DaNNNNNy9@Aug 5 2004, 09:47 PM
they couldnt comment on that because this is thier way of sliding back in there, so they can act like they were right the whole time, when everyone finally acknowledges the fact that honda did it again with the 450r....just like they did with the 250r...I think in the future the 450r will be just as popular as the 250r is today with just being the Sh!t!....

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r+Aug 6 2004, 03:36 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2004, 01:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DaNNNNNy9
@Aug 5 2004, 09:47 PM

they couldnt comment on that because this is thier way of sliding back in there, so they can act like they were right the whole time, when everyone finally acknowledges the fact that honda did it again with the 450r....just like they did with the 250r...I think in the future the 450r will be just as popular as the 250r is today with just being the Sh!t!....
I hope so as long as we can quit spinning cranks ... B) [/b]
I didnt realize we had a problem with our cranks....Do we?

That sounded really bad. :lol:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
you thin kthat is why the cranks are going? bad oil? what would be the effects of having too much oil...mine is reading above the glass but it is just a little bit higher...should I drain some out?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
I know of two cranks, but one was involved in a collision that more than likely was a culprit.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If you check the cross country results from the races in the Midwest later in the issue all you see is red. Hmmm....look who is buying full page ads and you get your answer!

Personally I wouldn't trade my 450R for 2 yammies. The only one that I have seen was getting towed around trying to get the fire lit! Luckily for him my bike was already loaded up and I had about 4 Buds in me or it would have been time for class to begin!

PS...The first snowmobile mag of the year just showed up....grrrr...can't shake the love of the white stuff!!!! :wacko:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by clutch@Aug 7 2004, 01:31 AM
If you check the cross country results from the races in the Midwest later in the issue all you see is red.  Hmmm....look who is buying full page ads and you get your  answer!

Personally I wouldn't trade my 450R for 2 yammies.  The only one that I have seen was getting towed around trying to get the fire lit!  Luckily for him my bike was already loaded up and I had about 4 Buds in me or it would have been time for class to begin!

PS...The first snowmobile mag of the year just showed up....grrrr...can't shake the love of the white stuff!!!! :wacko:
I would trade my 450r for 2 yammies....then I could sell them and buy 2 450r's and have money left over for mods..... :D :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think that whoever pays the most advertising dollars gets the best reviews. I have almost all the issues from mid 80's to early 90's and Honda always had the great reviews (mind you they DID make the best machines). Who cares what the mags say. Anyone who has been around Atv's for a while knows that Honda's reliabilty and quality are most always 2nd to none. They just about always over test their machines before they release them. And when they do release them, they try to make it appeal to a wide variety of riders.

Long live the RED machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts