Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I couldn't imagine just that giving an extra 1-2 horses, but I've never used them personally so I cant say. The idea seems like it's there. Same concept as a golf ball. I believe Mercedes even used dimpled matting on the bottom of some of their cars to reduce wind noise and make the car slip through the air better.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I don't know whether or not it did anything, but when Toby at MotoXperts did my head he dimpled the back side of my intake valves. He said he has seen just that make small gains. I doubt 2 hp, but every little bit helps and it was only 50 bucks for both of them.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
i believe dan from dasa said he tryed them in a 250f motor or something and called it a waste of money....i would probably stick to a regular good set of valves and put the money somewhere else where its proven

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Not really thinking of buying, but I do have a dremel :rock: :construction:[/b]
hmm....depending on the valve...some have coatings on them that you would disrupt...if i remember many titanium valves have this...i could bemistaken...

....i would hate to see you hurt the structural integrity of the valve and have one come apart on ya...but hey man go for it and let us know how it works!

·
Registered
898 Posts
even the best flowing valves only provide a maximum of only a couple cfm improvement,..

it takes a lot more flow than a few cfm to get even one hp gain....

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wouldn't this though not only hopefully get very little more cfm, but mostly give a better a/f mixture?

I am running stainless intakes, racing xc titanium valves do not seem to hold up very well to the abuse of 2 hour races in extreme conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts