Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences in the 2005 trx450r frame and a 2009 trx450r frame. Just want to know the differences in the frame itself. Any help would be great

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
The motor mounts will be different but you can modify them to fit. The subframe on the '09 will have the battery box and a different pipe mount setup. I'm pretty sure everything else is the same.

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
05 has oil cooler mounts and 09 doesn't..

Why wont the tank mount up? I though people were putting the newer tanks on the older bikes? I have an 09 tank on the shelf that I was planning on putting on the wife's 04...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ya I bought a brand new 09 tank for my 04 and the mounts don't line up! I tried everything!! I ended up selling it for half the money on eBay:( sorry man they are smaller too! Due to tank cover! But no it will not fit..In my older post I asked the same thing, nobody really answered me, tried it myself and NOPE waste of money..

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
the tanks do interchange. you had to of done something wrong

·
Registered
463 Posts
did you change the heat shield underneath the tank to the newer style?

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
We went back and forth on PM a little... I ended up grabbing the 09 tank I have on the shelf and trying to put it on the 04 frame I have sitting here... The mounts on the tank are to narrow to fit over the frame tabs. Same issue Judsteele had and he went as far as to try the 04 brackets on the 09 tank and still had the same issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts