Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how many of you guys are diesel fans?

You think the US is ready for real power?........ Some of you may know that Honda, BMW, Mini, Nissan, & Toyota are all coming out with diesel engines on top of the big 3!!!

As far as my fav diesel company so far...... CAT would be up there!!!!

Whats yours?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
what do you mean.. all those companies are coming out with more deisel cars? if so, why?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
what do you mean.. all those companies are coming out with more deisel cars? if so, why?[/b]
i think he means like nissan titan with a diesel motor and the toyota crew max with a diesel ...i think and my favorite is dodge

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
honda and bmw deseil trucks? haha

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
honda and bmw deseil trucks? haha[/b]
honda ridge line maybe and bmw????maybe the suv lol

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Lol..he could mean cars guys..anyone remember the old mercedes diesels? Or have you forgotten the jetta turbo diesels that get over 45 mpg?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Alot of cars and even trucks are converting to bio diesel

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, Nissan and Toyota are putting theirs in there full size trucks, but honda has a 1.4 turbo diesel that they are putting in the accord, odyssey, pilot and mdx along with a 1.3 hybrid that will be out in 2010...CR-F or something along those lines. As for BMW and Mini.... From what I hear the 3,5,7 series will have the option of a turbo diesel. The mini is putting it in the cooper and clubman as a 1.4.

The new Jetta is 13% more fuel efficient, cleaner, and just as quite as a gas car

Diesel will rule the world!!!!

High pressure common rail(HPCR) has changed the diesel world.......

·
Registered
436 Posts
All the new diesels that came out post-2007 are whack. The EPA has turned the Turbo Diesel powerplant into a joke with all the new DP filtered exhaust systems, and ultra low sulfer fuel requirements. :thumbdown:

EDIT** as far as performace is concerned I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
i know i love my buddies dodge cummins 6 speed... that things tows like no other.. going around turns at 90mph with 5 fourhweelers on a trailer.. its rediculous

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the new diesels that came out post-2007 are whack. The EPA has turned the Turbo Diesel powerplant into a joke with all the new DP filtered exhaust systems, and ultra low sulfer fuel requirements. :thumbdown:

EDIT** as far as performace is concerned I mean.[/b]
In Cali..... all we can get at a station is low sulfur.... red or green. The red stuff doesn't have road taxes slapped on it!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
in texas the red desiel is off road desiel and doesnt have tax either but, we cant get it a normal gas stations and if you get caught using it for highway use its a hefty penalty

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in texas the red desiel is off road desiel and doesnt have tax either but, we cant get it a normal gas stations and if you get caught using it for highway use its a hefty penalty[/b]
Ya, they only sell it at certain stations....... being that its cali, everything is greener over on this side!!!!

I just had a texas joke pop into my head....... :_specialED:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Diesel will never get popular....Turbo diesels get better gas mileage in little cars but your also paying over a dollar more per gallon than unleaded. Unless your just a BALLER who puts premium in everything. In that case sorry to sweat your style :no_bashing:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Diesel will never get popular....Turbo diesels get better gas mileage in little cars but your also paying over a dollar more per gallon than unleaded. Unless your just a BALLER who puts premium in everything. In that case sorry to sweat your style :no_bashing:[/b]
Ha, your right...... If you look at it as the price up ring up at the pump. But, if you do it by price per mile than diesel can be cheaper than gas!!!!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Diesel will never get popular....Turbo diesels get better gas mileage in little cars but your also paying over a dollar more per gallon than unleaded. Unless your just a BALLER who puts premium in everything. In that case sorry to sweat your style :no_bashing:[/b]
Ha, your right...... If you look at it as the price up ring up at the pump. But, if you do it by price per mile than diesel can be cheaper than gas!!!!!
[/b]
Probably lets see..Lets say the jetta turbo diesel gets 45..I think it does but correct me if im wrong..diesels 5$ a gallon in most places around the country right? 9 miles per 1$ and ..the average unleaded car like a carolla? or w/e gets about 35 right? at lets say 4$ a gallon 8.75 miles per 1$ ..So there pretty even..35 kinda high most lower 30s so its about even..guess its just which u prefer.

Also i wanna know what there gonna do with pumps..They cut off at 75$ lol..thats already too low for trucks!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[/b]
Probably lets see..Lets say the jetta turbo diesel gets 45..I think it does but correct me if im wrong..diesels 5$ a gallon in most places around the country right? 9 miles per 1$ and ..the average unleaded car like a carolla? or w/e gets about 35 right? at lets say 4$ a gallon 8.75 miles per 1$ ..So there pretty even..35 kinda high most lower 30s so its about even..guess its just which u prefer.

Also i wanna know what there gonna do with pumps..They cut off at 75$ lol..thats already too low for trucks!
[/b]
Some pumps here in cali don't shut off...... what I've found is it has to do with your debit card!!!!! If you put debit, it will shut off... mine is at 50!!! If I use credit, it doesn't turn off ........ at some stations!!!

On that MPG thing....... you have to also factor in maintenance......... some diesels can go 25,000 before an oil change!!!! The new detroit go's 50,000 before its first oil change!!!!! CRAZY

I was talking with a engineer for U.P. and he was telling me that one oil filter holds 55 gal. of oil!!!! Most trains have three filters.... on top of the 165 gal. in the engine!!!!

V16 GM train engine has NO rod caps!!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
:bleh:

One of the perks of living in S.D. is being able to cross into Mehico and buy diesel for $2.17

I take my tour guide "Batch" to translate for me, and we stop and get some tacos before we cross back. A cheap fillup and good food helps brighten my day.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts