Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is using the bearings that came with it or are they using honda bearings? Thinking of going to a 501 with cw cylinder.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
we are using the hotrods bearing and seal kit in my bros 471 its been good for almost a year, its not a fire breathing monster just a simple build at the moment 46hp 35tq,

·
Desert Racer
2,276 Posts
I used OEM Honda bearings and seals in my 471.

Doug

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
oem is the way to go IMO honda has way more time in R&D in there products than anybody else...

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Wondering if anyone is using the bearings that came with it[/b]
Just to clarify, the +3 does not come with the crankshaft bearings. Those are sold seperatly... and I would go OEM.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I too went with new OEM bearings...mainly because even after suffering case,cylinder,crank and rod damage (not to mention the buttload of shavings circulating around in there) due to the big end rod bearing/thrust washer failure....the crank bearing were still in great shape :thumbup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I went OEM mainly because everyone else did lol....I had bought some hot rods bearings but sold them and got the Honda bearings

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I think its funny that most people will trust the crank from hot rods but not there main bearings? What gives? I used the Hot Rods bearings.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think its funny that most people will trust the crank from hot rods but not there main bearings? What gives? I used the Hot Rods bearings.[/b]

Not sure...I just fell into the honda bearings because so many people said not to use the Hot rods bearings, it would seem like they would go hand in hand with the crank....

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I think its funny that most people will trust the crank from hot rods but not there main bearings? What gives? I used the Hot Rods bearings.[/b]

That is kind of funny when you think of it....but if Honda offered their own +3 stroker crank I must admit I would probably have one :yes
For me it was not so much that I did not trust the HR bearings as it was that the OEM ones proved to be plenty durable imo.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I used the hot rods bearings. Didn't see any thing wrong with them. I trust at least as much as the honda bearings.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Oh and i have a 501 running the hotrods bearings my compression ratios is over 15:1 to boot.

·
Registered
809 Posts
hotrods bearings here and running strong!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I have a yfz 522cc (100mm bore w/ +3) and used the HR bearings. I figured it stated very clearly to use the HR bearings ONLY with the HR crank, and thought it maybe due to clearance issues between the crank and the inner race of the bearing.

But I never checked and would think either bearing to be fine.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have a HR crank but not the +3. I'm using the HR bearings/seals. People really need to start doing their OWN homework instead of listening to all the he said she said stuff. I can think of two instances where the HR bearings were in question and both were on 511's I believe. That doesn't sound like a bad track record to me.

Oh, and what sold me is that KMS here in Phx uses the HR bearings and seals on the turbo/nitrous trx450r which is putting out 120 hp at the rear wheels and never had a bearing issue.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have a stock replacement HR crank...I went with the OEM bearings and seals...

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I have a HR crank but not the +3. I'm using the HR bearings/seals. People really need to start doing their OWN homework instead of listening to all the he said she said stuff. I can think of two instances where the HR bearings were in question and both were on 511's I believe. That doesn't sound like a bad track record to me.

Oh, and what sold me is that KMS here in Phx uses the HR bearings and seals on the turbo/nitrous trx450r which is putting out 120 hp at the rear wheels and never had a bearing issue.[/b]

120hp? did you happen to snap a shot of that machine?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

Oh, and what sold me is that KMS here in Phx uses the HR bearings and seals on the turbo/nitrous trx450r which is putting out 120 hp at the rear wheels and never had a bearing issue.[/b]

120hp? did you happen to snap a shot of that machine?
[/b]
Here's a vid. This is with the turbo and no nitrous. I looks a lot different now. It will be at the FSA races this year.

Racing a 4mil banshee, this is a serious @ss whoopin' only being 100 yds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbflVxhTfg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts