Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just readin this months dirt wheels and it shows a dial a jet kit, im not so sure wat exactly this is, or if one is even available for the 450, but i was wondering if sumone could tell me wat this is, does this kit automatically jet to the right size for altiude and temp as would electronic fuel injection or is it manualy adjusted, id apreciate the info, it kinda intrigued me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The dial-a jet is manually adjusted, I think you tap into the float bowl drain screw and then to the dial-a-jet it's self, install an extra fuel port into intake boot . Drop your main jet one or two sizes - there is somthing like eight different settings that mainly effect mid throttle to wide open- i read a couple of tests years back.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It is a manual system. It has been around for years in the snowmobile world. The guy who designed it (Lon Peterson) originally had a shop in West Fargo. One of my good friends is his son and another was a mechanic for him. Good guy and REALLY know his $hit.

If your looking for a auto compentsator check out Holtzman Engineering. I have run his Tempa Flow for 2 years on a sled and last year used the ATAAC unit. Both worked GREAT. Install and never look back. The only catch being a vacuum fitting that you should keep an eye on.

The ATAAC unit was tested on the Pike Peak Hillclimb and did well. I used it last year when I went to the Bighorns riding. I went from 900ft to a top of just short of 11,000 (I think, 10K for sure), and didn't TOUCH my carbs...not even an air screw adjust!!! Sled ran GREAT!!! :D

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
its basically so you can change the jetting on the fly, by a turn of a knob.

they do work, however they are not accurate to your standard jets. In other words, if your running a 180 main jet now, with the dial a jet that number will be different. Because thier 180 is a different size then say a standard 180. It will still work but you have to fiqure the numbers out, compared to what you already are running....did this make since?...let me know...later. B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts