Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at getting +2 A-arms and a +2 axel for my 450R. i really like the Denton A-arms and the lonestar axcaliber axel. is this a good choice? im also wanting to go about 3 inches lower than stock, will the +2 A-arms lower my quad? also, how would i lower the rear of my quad? ive been looking on the internet and i cant find info on anything, i looked at the denton site and it dont tell me crap about nothing. i like to do lots of research and comparisons before i buy anything but i cant find any info anywhere. does lonestar/ denton or roll design make +2 +1 A-arms yet? those are the 3 companys im looking at for A-arms. im leaning towards denton though. what are your thoughts and opinions, i need help, thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
If you put aftermarket shocks you can lower your bike as much as 2.5 inches! :D
That's what Elka's shock did for my bike!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Look at Walsh race craft. I'm running Walsh +2+1 a-arms and a +1 swing-arm with savior linkage and Axis shocks and love it. Whatever you do go for an improved "linkage" rear end it's the best thing you can do for the trx.

I've also run several axecaliber axles and had no problems with any of them. I'm running one on my 450 now. The only thing was lsr sent the wrong spacers with one and it took a month to get a replacement. fourtunatly I can make my own!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help. i think ill start saving up a little and get some +2 or +2 +1 A-arms, not sure which company yet, most likely Denton. the Lonestar Axcaliber +2 sounds like my best bet too. who makes the rear lowering links? shocks are too much money for me. the stock one are good enough for me and i dont do any MX racing either. im guessing ill be spending close to $1,000.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Durablue and cmh? make lowering struts that appear to be the same thing, they are sold on ebay. I have a durablue for a 400ex and it works fine on the 450r. Whatever you do, do NOT jump with these, the threads will strip and you will be in a world of hurt. I use mine when I go to the flat drags.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Don't forget that you can also revalved your shocks if you want to save money. TCS does that. About $400 for the front!!! :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lowering your suspension in any other way but the shocks. Will severely affect your handling. Unless you are flat tracking. You dont want to lower your bike via struts and lowering kits. If you arent racing MX why go wider? Scrap the axel and A-arm Idea and send your shocks to TCS or Elka and get them setup for your riding style, and they can put the ZPS spring stack on which will lower your quad, and will give you the benefit of widening your quad a little bit because it will lower your center of gravity. You will get the benefit of improved suspension feel, Better cornering, and Remain at stock width so you can still be versatile, and ride wherever you want! You should be able to do this for under $1,000 easy. I garuntee you will be blown away with how your quad will work with Stock Redone Suspension.

Plus if you get extended A-arms your front shocks will be like Cheese anyhow. Sure you can crank up the compression so it doesnt bottom on jumps, but it Will Roll in the corners like no other, Contradicting your whole point of more turning stability.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by liveformx64@Aug 26 2004, 11:00 AM
If you arent racing MX why go wider? Scrap the axel and A-arm Idea and send your shocks to TCS or Elka and get them setup for your riding style, and they can put the ZPS spring stack on which will lower your quad, and will give you the benefit of widening your quad a little bit because it will lower your center of gravity. You will get the benefit of improved suspension feel, Better cornering, and Remain at stock width so you can still be versatile, and ride wherever you want!
Just my 2 cents, but I had a 400ex that had 4+ wide all the way around. When I bought my 450R, first thing I did is put Elka's all the way around. It lowered my bike 2.5 inches. Yes it was stable, but being used to the 400 with the 4+ wide I was spoiled. My bike still felt tippy around corners or side hills. So, I went 4+ wide on the 450R and to me, what a difference it made. I can side hill or slam on the brakes flip a uturn on a dime and now never once has the bike felt tippy. I ride on motocycle trails and everywhere else. Let me tell you, I have never had a problem with being to wide. I've had friends ask me if I'm afraid when coming alone a side of a cliff. I tell them nope, you get used to being wider and the reward of being wider really helped my confidence when flyin around a corner and knowing I won't tip over. I really tried to stay with the stock with, but now that I have widen it. I feel that I helped myself in all around riding. Plus when I do go to the track the bike handles that much better. Like I said, my 2 cents worth. :D

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by liveformx64@Aug 26 2004, 12:00 PM
If you arent racing MX why go wider?
Mabey for circle track or tt racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts