Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's been asked a bunch of times but how does the DASA compare to the Venom exhaust as far as power, where it makes power, torque, sound quality and DB.? I mostly MX as well as wide open long trail rides... Thanks!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Tere is ton of info on this topic... did you try Search?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Im ready.......

[/b]

lol

alot of people have the dasa and like it. for mx youre gonna need a quietcore and it kills some of the power.

the venom is quiet and makes good power.

im sure both pipes make good power. i run a dasa and like it.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Both good pipes I like my dasa pipe but probally will switch to the venom in not too long because of future sound restrictions and spark arresting in the colorado dunes...

pick which one ya like and what suits your riding area...

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Im ready.......

[/b]

lol

alot of people have the dasa and like it. for mx youre gonna need a quietcore and it kills some of the power.

the venom is quiet and makes good power.

im sure both pipes make good power. i run a dasa and like it.
[/b]
I run ITP Quadcross and here are no sound checks. I'd actually run a Dasa shorty if I could find a canister for cheap to chop up!

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
you guys know the deal...

the Venom makes more torque sooner and passes every sound test and spark arrested requirement right out of the box.....

the dasa makes a bit more power from peak to rev limit....and wont pass a sound test ...and isn't spark arrested.....and if you do quiet core it and spark arrest it....dyno graphs from wpp racing, a dasa dealer, showed a tremendous 7hp loss......

it all comes down to what you want or need......

if you want \ need a loud pipe that wont pass sound checks or spark arrested requirements...and don't mind losing more power than you gained if you need to make it db and S\A legal......and looks like a rolling billboard on your atv...the choice is clear....

if you want the lightest SS pipe on the market, early torque with a wide powercurve...that will pass anybody's sound check or S\A requirement right out of the box...the choice is also clear....

everyone is entitled to an opinion.....but somethimes it's nice to have opinions based on fact....

just the facts....

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
Love my DASA. Proven power :) . And it sounds good...not like crap[/b]

define what you would think "like crap" would mean in an exhaust system.... you're bright college boy... try to have a little more difinitive answer.....

also...refuting anything i said in my post with some facts would go a lot further towards making a solid case for you.... "objective" is much better in the technical arena than "subjective"..... one is fact based and the other is PR advertising based.....

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I run Dasa on the 450r and love it. I wanna run a full system Dasa on my KTM but they don't offer a full system yet. Dan, you viewing the thread right now, you wanna pm me on your KTM exhaust and how its coming? I dont' like my HMF that I have for temporary use til yours is done..

Jay

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
Love my DASA. Proven power :) . And it sounds good...not like crap[/b]

define what you would think "like crap" would mean in an exhaust system.... you're bright college boy... try to have a little more difinitive answer.....

also...refuting anything i said in my post with some facts would go a lot further towards making a solid case for you.... "objective" is much better in the technical arena than "subjective"..... one is fact based and the other is PR advertising based.....
[/b]
LOL

I try not to argue with internet tough men...sorry about your luck :unworthy:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Go with what you like and can afford......#'s don't lie though

·
Oregon Coast Duner
2,482 Posts
I have a Venom and really like it... Throaty sound just not ear piercing like some... I like the design of the Dasa and Rage pipe too... they seem to be great on power... just a bit too loud for the area I ride... Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either... both are good as it gets... they just have different strengths and weaknesses... It's your bike so choose which ever you like better.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I have dasa's on all my bikes and i realy like them, the venom is not as loud but the power falls off before the dasa. The venom is said to be around 96-97 and the dasa classic i think it 101-102.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts