Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dads is president ofthe texoma quad racing association we race in texas and oklahoma and one of our pro riders johnny hale had curtis sparks do hismotoworkwith the head and bigger valves and the he put all the dirt bike motor electrics on it with flywheel stator cdi and geared it and he got 53 horsepower with race gas and with his 112 octane that is oxygenated he got 59 on the dyno!!

i have never seen this bike beaten in the hole shot it rips

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Originally posted by quad440mx@Aug 26 2004, 01:45 PM
my dads is president ofthe texoma quad racing association   we race in texas and oklahoma and one of our pro riders johnny hale had curtis sparks do hismotoworkwith the head and bigger valves and the he put all the dirt bike motor electrics on it with flywheel stator cdi and geared it and he got 53 horsepower with race gas and with his 112 octane that is oxygenated he got 59 on the dyno!!

i have never seen this bike beaten in the hole shot  it rips :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
[snapback]16239[/snapback]​
base on this curtis sparks knows what it takes to get big power..... :innocent:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Originally posted by quad440mx@Aug 26 2004, 01:45 PM
my dads is president ofthe texoma quad racing association   we race in texas and oklahoma and one of our pro riders johnny hale had curtis sparks do hismotoworkwith the head and bigger valves and the he put all the dirt bike motor electrics on it with flywheel stator cdi and geared it and he got 53 horsepower with race gas and with his 112 octane that is oxygenated he got 59 on the dyno!!

i have never seen this bike beaten in the hole shot  it rips :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
[snapback]16239[/snapback]​
6 hp from fuel.........gotta be some real good stuff... :dunno:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Originally posted by sredish@Nov 15 2005, 11:07 PM
quad440, where you at?  I live in Whitesboro, just west of Sherman, Tx. 

Is this a stock bore motor?
[snapback]159313[/snapback]​
this is a old post he may not be on here any more.

i'm just wondering why sparks can get this kind of power that some seem to think is really hard to get... :ermm:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
D-Racer I have some bad news for you...just came from the shop of JH-Racing...and...drum roll please...he laughed at the 59 HP number!!!

His best output ever has been 54 and the only Sparks part on the bike is a pipe!!!

His first bike last year was a Sparks built bike...said it ran great the first race and dropped about 15% in performance each race after that and never, never made over 50 HP!!!

Here is his website...call him if you disbelieve anything I have reported!

JH-Racing Clicky!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
When I used VP-U4 it gave me an additional 2 HP. I don't know if any racing gas can give you 6 more HP?

Bulldog

·
Registered
606 Posts
Originally posted by BULLDOG@Nov 19 2005, 02:32 AM
When I used VP-U4 it gave me an additional 2 HP. I don't know if any racing gas can give you 6 more HP?

Bulldog
[snapback]160895[/snapback]​

VP claims MR9 will make 2-3% more power than that. Don't know if it's true.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Originally posted by OKTRX450R@Nov 19 2005, 01:24 AM
D-Racer I have some bad news for you...just came from the shop of JH-Racing...and...drum roll please...he laughed at the 59 HP number!!!

His best output ever has been 54 and the only Sparks part on the bike is a pipe!!!

His first bike last year was a Sparks built bike...said it ran great the first race and dropped about 15% in performance each race after that and never, never made over 50 HP!!!

JH-Racing Clicky!!!
[snapback]160876[/snapback]​
does this guy work for sparks racing?

if not i don't think his words matter................he may be just another (hater)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Originally posted by D-RACER+Nov 21 2005, 03:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-OKTRX450R
@Nov 19 2005, 01:24 AM

JH-Racing Clicky!!!

if not i don't think his words matter................he may be just another (hater)
[snapback]161716[/snapback]​
[/b]
Well if he talked to the Guy that races the Quad that started this Thread then i would have to say i believe him.... :dunno: ...

and one of our pro riders johnny hale
JH Racing is Jonny Hale Racing....

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad+Nov 21 2005, 02:05 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 03:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-OKTRX450R

JH-Racing Clicky!!!

Well if he talked to the Guy that races the Quad that started this Thread then i would have to say i believe him.... :dunno: ...

[snapback]161719[/snapback]​
[/b]
:11doh:

Now THAT.......had to hurt.

:slap:

:innocent:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Why would anyone consider any of Baldwin's, Sparks', or whoever's work when Dan Lamey claims 67hp out of a stock bore engine?

The 54hp claim in the above post from a Sparks engine, and the 54 hp from a Baldwin built engine from a local pro TT racer clearly fail miserably in comparison to the DASA.

It almost seems unbelieveable in the gap of output between them.

If all of the claims prove true, it's probably based on the amount of cubic dollars you have available to spend.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad+Nov 21 2005, 05:05 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 03:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-OKTRX450R

JH-Racing Clicky!!!

[snapback]161719[/snapback]​
[/b]

thats the guy i talked to about modding my side cover to fit the crf ignition.......he does the modifications for $135...i think its a good deal.
-side cover
-stator plate
-flywheel

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by 29FTEX@Nov 21 2005, 04:11 PM
Why would anyone consider any of Baldwin's, Sparks', or whoever's work when Dan Lamey claims 67hp out of a stock bore engine?

The 54hp claim in the above post from a Sparks engine, and the 54 hp from a Baldwin built engine from a local pro TT racer clearly fail miserably in comparison to the DASA.

It almost seems unbelieveable in the gap of output between them.

If all of the claims prove true, it's probably based on the amount of cubic dollars you have available to spend.
[snapback]161722[/snapback]​

I am not saying that that is an engine made to beat around on the trails and in the dunes. I is made for racing only!!! And Sorry it not an engine combination I am not willing to sell yet. Gat to keep my edge till the racing starts in Feb.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ok then.

I'll say this. They all still fail in comparison to your 63-65hp output.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by 29FTEX@Nov 21 2005, 04:39 PM
Ok then.

I'll say this. They all still fail in comparison to your 63-65hp output.
[snapback]161733[/snapback]​
Both Mark and Curtis build great engines and have been doing it for along time. I have alot of respect for them and get along with both of them. We always are talking at the races and might look weird to some people but we have a good time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by Cameron Mizell@Nov 21 2005, 06:53 PM
Dan, does Scott Morris have ur 60+hp motor.His is fast.
[snapback]161791[/snapback]​

Yes he does

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have nothing bad to say about Curtis at all he helped for the first few rounds of the nationals and the 1 stadium race I did. His motors ran good we just had a few problems and I had a local guy that does stuff for the shop build me a motor and it ran really good. He is only a 45 min drive away if something happens in pinch it is not a big deal to get it fixed. I have alot of respect for the guys like Curtis,Dan,Mark,Eddie,Arlen,ect. The guys that have been around for a long time and have always made a good product. I agree with Dan I can talk to just about anyone in the industary competor or not and have a good converstion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts