Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you guys using the stock metal insert to keep the filter from caving in when the bike is running? Or are you running it without one? I had a K&N on my Z400 so I have never used an after market foam filter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oz450R,
Yes that is what I am talking about! I have the billet ring that comes in the kit, but I just wasn't sure about whether anyone was using the inner metal cage type ring? I wasn't sure if it matters if it caves in or not. Like I said I used a K&N on my last quad which is a rigid type filter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont use any inner cage and dont have any problems with power. But i've never actually watched the filter while reving the bike. It could be something to check out to see how much it caves in..

·
Registered
733 Posts
i asked curtis sparks this when i ordered mine. they said that the amount of vacuum created by the 450r is not enough to cause a problem... especially since the filter flows so well. my WB filter came with an insert and i haven't used the insert yet. i haven't noticed a problem.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I thought the same thing...so I watched mine while reving the piss out of it, and the filter never even moved.....that filter lets alot of air flow through it....trust me it works great...you dont need anything in the filter.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good! Thanks for all the replies!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most MX bikes have the same kind of filter. Quads are the only ones that have put the metal cage in. I asked the same thing awhile back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts