Honda TRX 450R banner

croom brooksville fl.

2K views 25 replies 3 participants last post by  RedDogg 
#1 ·
was thinking that we should start a new thread just for croom, seems there are enough of us that live in florida that we can post up when we are going ect. and maybe meet up, what ever or maybe just get questions answered. ..... anyway ,ive never been on a weekend, and ive also only been on two wheels. beeing a recent convert. are the weekends as crazy as they say. and can you find a place to park. i have an avalanche and a 16 ft. trailer. so i need alot of space. we normally would park at the first gate at the end of the main road. or is that area full on the week ends. anything will help. thanks B) B)

#2 ·
new thread... good idea. it is sometimes packed on the weekends, but i have never had a problem parking. just make sure you don't park in a place that allows you to get blocked in. that makes it hard for you to leave and get to the Cracker Barrel across the street for dinner. :D i have parked on both ends. usually i park in the back because we do more riding back there on the hill climbs and trails. they have just dragged the road so it is not as hard on your truck. i like the weekends because you see all kinds of crazy rides and meet some interesting people. like last month... these young kids got their blaster stuck in "florida quick sand". then they take their low rider chevy s10 into the woods with some tie downs to pull it out. i couldn't watch. when they came back, they were missing half of their ground effects but they got their quad back.

my friend has a seven yr old son, so we usually go during the week. that way he can learn without worrying about the higher traffic. but i like the weekend entertainment.

#4 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Jul 14 2004, 07:29 PM
hey reddogg, you ever have any problems with the rangers for a sparky or for sound.i just put on a bill ballace. i guess maybe i should bring the spary with me
the best way to put it is like this... if you ask for attention, you will get their FULL attention. i have never had an encounter with rangers myself. if your riding w/o a helmet, have someone on your handlebars, are screaming down the service road, or just being a jack@ss in general, they will stop you and give your bike a good once over while your getting chewed. but i have never seen a spot inspection in the park or at the gate. as a matter of fact, they don't like to come out of their air conditioned booth when you drive in. my fatboy4 is pretty loud, but i do have my spark arrester in place. i keep the sparky in as a personal preference and my spark arrester is huge anyway. i have seen plenty of bikes w/o them and the rangers don't bother anyone. i wouldn't worry about it if i were you. there are always plenty of morons around to keep the rangers busy.

#6 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Jul 14 2004, 08:37 PM
hate to keep asking questions on this but do you need to bring your title to get the sticker or can you bring a copy or what did you bring. B)
i brought my FL title and registration, but i think all you need is your registration since it has the title number printed on it. the bikes have to be registered if florida resident. otherwise, bring out of state title.

#8 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Jul 16 2004, 07:12 PM
have you ever spent time in the camp grounds, do they have any with power or any hook ups, and do you know if you can have a camp fire ect.
there are hookups. electrical i think costs extra. here is a good link w/ more info...

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/croom.htm

#11 ·
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Jul 26 2004, 09:32 PM
The gate is open 24 hours. The Ranger is there 8am to 5pm. If you have never been there and you arrive when the shack is closed. You must go back in the AM and get your decal.
hey racer, i must have missed ya. we arrived at 9am on saturday and rode for four hours. i checked the camp site but didn't see your quad. oh well... maybe next time.

#13 ·
spent about 4 hours on tues.rideingwith my family. about 3 hours in the rain and wind. wow what a blast. ive never seen water in the front track, the whole bottom was covered. we had alot of fun slideing around and just getting dirty. anyway we got our tags so we will be going more often. maybe we can plan a few rides this winter... B) B)

#14 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Aug 5 2004, 03:50 PM
spent about 4 hours on tues.rideingwith my family. about 3 hours in the rain and wind. wow what a blast. ive never seen water in the front track, the whole bottom was covered. we had alot of fun slideing around and just getting dirty. anyway we got our tags so we will be going more often. maybe we can plan a few rides this winter... B)  B)
definitely... B)

#16 ·
not this weekend... but soon. have it ALL apart right now. i'll post when it's ready.

#18 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Sep 12 2004, 09:19 AM
hey redogg is croom open, i know that they are getting lots of water up that way. just wondering what you have heard B)  B)
not sure :huh: they have a phone number on the Florida Trail Rider's web site, but i think that they only answer mon-fri. i was thinking about going tomorrow myself. haven't heard that they are closed.

#20 ·
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Sep 12 2004, 05:55 PM
Croom is closed for 2 weeks too many trees down.
thanks for saving me the trip Racer!

#22 ·
I got am E-mail saying that some of the FTR people will be going to Croom with their GPS' to plot all of the fallen and hanging trees. After they plot them all the USFS will be going in to clean up. It might be closed longer than 2 weeks. I would call Croom or maybe the FTR hotline to find out when they are going to reopen.

#24 ·
I'm going to head down to Big Cypress Indian MX track to check out the new Quad track. As much as I don't like MX I need to ride also. The place we normally go to is flooded. Soon when I move I hopefully won't have this problem. I am going to buy a good size piece of land so if all else fails I can ride on my own property. I will make sure I move to a place with lots of riding.

#26 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Oct 13 2004, 04:05 PM
anybody know if it open yet..........reddogg...........450racer
yes!!! it has been open since two fridays ago... according to OAS Powersports (you know, at the entrance). i am planning a trip up on monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.