Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i order this carb and what kind of price does it run with... Or should i get the new edelbrock kit??? Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by 1fast450r@May 14 2004, 01:17 PM
Where can i order this carb and what kind of price does it run with...  Or should i get the new edelbrock kit???  Any help is appreciated...
funny I just investigated this....I cant remember names but the person on here with that carb got it from the Honda Dealer for 449.00 plust like 80 dollars for a billet ring. He called the dealer and they said they got the carb from a place called sudco. I looked them up and called them. they want 593.00 for the 39mm FCR carb with hot start and tps......so the dealer was cheaper then the place they got the carb from.....you can look them up online..do a google search on Sudco and you will find thier web site.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
If you don't get the adapter kit you could get a 400ex airbox and intake, it will mount up. The 400ex subframe and the 450r subframe are the same thing besides the grab bar so the will 400ex airbox and intake should mount in without a problem. I was told this by a guy on exriders that did it already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@May 26 2004, 11:20 PM
If you don't get the adapter kit you could get a 400ex airbox and intake, it will mount up. The 400ex subframe and the 450r subframe are the same thing besides the grab bar so the will 400ex airbox and intake should mount in without a problem. I was told this by a guy on exriders that did it already.
i have seen this done in person, looks like it is factory, you will need to cut out the stock tool box thing there at the back, take a 400ex air box and air boot and hook it up to the carb... that person even used a 400ex fcr 39mm carb, he said it ran awsome after that, starts a lot easier too...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
TRX450R_Racer,
Did you have to modify anything to make it work? I think this is going to be my next mod.[/b]
If you were talking to me, no nothing had to be done it hooked up like factory.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
TRX450R_Racer, I just got off the phone with my Honda guy's.
Part no. 39mm FCR #01286321 from Sudco, I hope this helps you. Funny thing, when we got the carb from Sudco they already had it jetted for the mods I did to my bike. So all the Honda guy's had to do is throw it on my bike and it ran perfect! :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i have a yz 450 39mm carb i'm going to try again and see if i can feel what you guys are feeling... :ermm:

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
Originally posted by D-RACER@Dec 18 2005, 06:39 PM
i have a yz 450 39mm carb i'm going to try again and see if i can feel what you guys are feeling... :ermm:
[snapback]171858[/snapback]​

the 39mm yfz carbs are made special...and different....from the other FCR carbs

they have very different intake bells to work with the large intake tracts on the 5-valve yamaha engine....you may never get it dialed right on a honda

the only way to go on the TRX is with 40mm FCR (or bigger) and if you get one from the CRF (wonder about the '06 TRX??) the jetting is worlds closer to being correct for our machines

i wouldn't go down smaller yet from the stock 42mm to a 39mm FCR that was specially designed for another style of machine and expect it to work out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts