Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a couple pics of my bike from yesterday. im going to start taking off a couple pieces at a time, and getting them powdercoated at work so i dont put the bike down.

what do you guys think i should do on what pieces. ive got white upper and black lower LT arms coming, with motowoz (blue). a different black swingarm coming.

im thinking of doin whole frame black, and calipers/engine mounts white. valve cover black, hubs black. im takin off the engine mounts tonight i think, and maybe spraying the valve cover if i feel like it. i have a bad vision of stuff, but i think that would look good.

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
i like the idea you have of doing a couple things at a time. do you think that there will be no variations in color?? due to doing it this way.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point on the variations. umm.. i kinda dont think so? but who knows..

im just doing gloss black and white colors for PC. should be pretty consistant. i just want to start doing a few things at a time, especially since i can get em done for free. probably try and get everything simple done this summer. then this winter, put it down for one last big project..

then wrap up my engine and do the frame.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I think the frame black with the sub frame white would look pretty cool with the black swinger and grab bar... I'm trying to picture it in my head but I suck at doing that too LOL.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I think the frame black with the sub frame white would look pretty cool with the black swinger and grab bar... I'm trying to picture it in my head but I suck at doing that too LOL.[/b]
Blacked out always looks goood, btw love the blue frame with motowoz shocks..especially on the white 450s..so awsome

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think he has gtt shocks still, dont you danny?

i would be going with a translucent blue frame and some different plastics, but its kinda copying your bike lol. im bad at picturing stuff also, but i had the same thought in my head. so i just said f it, ill do touches of white and the rest black.

i didnt take anything off yet for PC, i think im going to just do it all at once. im too lazy for multiple removals/installs.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

i would be going with a translucent blue frame and some different plastics, but its kinda copying your bike lol. im bad at picturing stuff also, but i had the same thought in my head. so i just said f it, ill do touches of white and the rest black.

i didnt take anything off yet for PC, i think im going to just do it all at once. im too lazy for multiple removals/installs.[/b]
you should do green and black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
how about pink and brown instead?[/b]
ahah what ever floats your boat ...i just wanna see a green and black bike before i do mine

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

i didnt take anything off yet for PC, i think im going to just do it all at once. im too lazy for multiple removals/installs.[/b]
Yea I still have the GTT rebuilds.... I wish I had some Motowoz though. :thumbup:

And you should do the blue frame! It looks really nice in person!.. On second thought.... Pink and brown would be sick!!.. Especially with the dark green accents!

But I do like the all black and white bikes... They look nice. I wanted to do it, but they are pretty common... That is why I went with blue and white... There aren't too many of them...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im gonna have white/black/blue. my motowoz will be almost all of the blue, then the white/black PC'ing.

there is alot of black/white pc'd bikes? damn i thought mine was pretty unique lol.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
im gonna have white/black/blue. my motowoz will be almost all of the blue, then the white/black PC'ing.

there is alot of black/white pc'd bikes? damn i thought mine was pretty unique lol.[/b]
I didn't mean they are everywhere... I guess there aren't a lot of bikes with PC'd white and black, but I see a lot with white plastics with everything black... Like nerf bars, bumpers, swingers, a arms, etc.

I like the white, black, and blue... Because that is what mine is LOL. I think the black frame with white plastics will look good with the blue shocks and some other blue accents... Maybe like the calipers and other little things... Nothing too major.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, i got all butthurt you said it was common.. lol.

i am probably going to do that, if i can figure out what blue matches my shocks? black frame with blue accents would look sick now that i think about it. im not sure how well the translucent goes with the motowoz though.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
yeah, i got all butthurt you said it was common.. lol.

i am probably going to do that, if i can figure out what blue matches my shocks? black frame with blue accents would look sick now that i think about it. im not sure how well the translucent goes with the motowoz though.[/b]
LOL!

I think that blue would match the Motowoz pretty closely... I'm going to go look at some pictures to figure some things out on what would look good PC'd.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im doing black lower arms, matched motowoz blue uppers, black frame, black hubs, motowoz blue calipers, engine mounts, accessory pieces.

so it will be all black/blue with white plastics.

good enough :sorcerer:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got it.. i think.

candy blue; calipers, carrier, brake line clamps, engine mounts, clutch/valve cover, subframe, and upper arms.

gloss black; swinger, front/rear bumpers, lower arms, frame, ect..

i need to hurry and pc this crap while my minds made up.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hubs will be black. calipers blue.

should be a good winter project

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yea should look great! I too will be tearing mine back down to do some more PCind and chroming this winter... Probably around October!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts