Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I have a 2014 TRX450r. During my first night ride last night I noticed my headlight dimming in/out almost to the point of going completely out. I shut the quad off at a stopping point with the group and it appeared to have no power. No neutral light, head lights, E start didn't respond. I had someone pull start me and I noticed as soon as he started to pull me in neutral my head light and neutral light came back on. It didn't need to be pull started because the E start responded after that. Thoughts?

2. Stock headlights are terrible. Any recommendations for aftermarket bar lights/torch light/etc?

·
Truck Yea
5,464 Posts
Need to verify the stator/battery is good. I had a similar issue with a bad battery 2x now and my buddy once where it just went bad out of nowhere. Put a volt meter on the battery terminals before you start it, should be 12.6v. Start the quad, should make 13.5v or better. If the stator isnt outputting it will run off the battery till it dies.

As for lights, any 8-10" or so lightbar should work. You can rig up mounts to the handlebars or frame with various stuff you can find on the internet. Just make sure the bar doesnt exceed about 75w as the stator has about 100w give of take left over to run accessories.

Reactions: hoser
1 - 2 of 2 Posts