Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY BUDDY WAS FOLLOWING ME THE OTHER DAY AND HES LIKE DUDE I SMELLED COOLANT WHEN YOU PUNCHED IT. SO I GOT ON HIS BIKE AND LET HIM RIDE MINE AND SURE ENOUGH I GET A COOLANT SMELL ONLY WHEN REALLY HARD ON TEH THROTTLE..... THE QUAD DOESNT SMOKE OR RUN ROUGH AND ITS NOT GETTING HOT (THE FAN DOESNT RUN MUCH ANYWAYS) ALL I HAVE DONE IS 13T W/ REMOVED SPARK ARRESTOR.... ANY IDEAS? OH YEA AND THERE ARE NO COOLANT LEAKS! LEVEL IS FULL AS WELL.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Unless you were leaking coolant i wouldnt worry about it. Coolant lets off a smell when it warms up. You shouldnt leak coolant unless you have a leak or your engine overheats big time. Maybe you could have to much water in your coolant and that would cause it to boil at a lower temp..I dunno im just throwing out guesses. Is your rad kept clean of dirt? I wouldnt worry about it unless your engine is overheating. Keep an eye on your coolant. I check mine befor every long ride.Watch the scary red light...lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you're afraid of overheating then try something like Engine Ice or Evans Coolant. I've alway ran Evans in C'Dales and it's considered the best out there for cooling. Still going to check on things but it should be safe for the R's. Lowers the temp a ton at all times and provides longer rides.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
im runnign engine ice now & it runs ALOT cooler then with that stock crap in there...the hoses arent that hot now & you can grab them & they are just between that warm to hot feeling...with the stock stuff those hoses would be scaulding hot afetr a ride

·
Registered
315 Posts
Was there any white smoke out the exhaust? That's a sure sign of it burning fluid. I'd say if the level doesn't go down, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEA THATS WHATS SO WEIRD IT DONT BURN AND ISNT LEAKING.... THE LEVEL IS STILL A LITTLE BIT OVER THE FULL MARK. THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES

1 - 6 of 6 Posts