Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do it or done it? I am thinking about trying it in my basement.. Pros / Cons?? Best place to get the materials?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Anyone do it or done it? I am thinking about trying it in my basement.. Pros / Cons?? Best place to get the materials?

thanks![/b]
I've done it on the walkway to my front door. Are you just trying to color the concrete? I applied it with a pump sprayer that you would use for weeds or bugs. Spraying it unevenly will give it that marble look. I got mine from my neighbor who used to do it for a living. I'll ask him what brand it is and where to get it.

Pros.......looks good, easy to apply
Cons......the acid will smell bad, almost like rotten eggs, so in your house, that may be a problem.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
acid etching isn't necessary on interior floors such as basement, all u need is some warm water , a little ammonia and some joy soap wash it once with a mop then come back and mop it again with clean fresh water..let dry completely then it all depends what kinda look ur going for if u want a sold look H&C concrete stain from sherwin williams will work great..and if smell is a concern with painting inside add a little vanilla extract to the stain/sealer and it will help a lot..

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acid etching isn't necessary on interior floors such as basement, all u need is some warm water , a little ammonia and some joy soap wash it once with a mop then come back and mop it again with clean fresh water..let dry completely then it all depends what kinda look ur going for if u want a sold look H&C concrete stain from sherwin williams will work great..and if smell is a concern with painting inside add a little vanilla extract to the stain/sealer and it will help a lot..[/b]

cool, just the info I am looking for.. Have you used anything besides the H&C ? I am going for the "weathered marbeled" look

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what look does this give? anyone got a picture?[/b]

Google "concrete stain".. You can do some awesome things with concrete.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Great topic... some neighbors/ friends went to a big pool party the other night and said the people had a concrete patio that was huge... said they scored lines throught it with a skill saw and then stained it and it looked like huge rocks layed around... anyone have any more info on this technique as well... I want to do it on a patio at my house.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Kemico is a good product, you can get it out of united rentals, theyll have a bunch of literature and tips etc for doing it, ( not sure if u have one of them close or not)

and when cleaning if ya think theres soap residue left even after the 1st just water wash, do a second one, and dont put too much joy in it..lol

they will even have a clear top coat u can use, to make it ultra durable, no 2 stain jobs will come out the same, after masking the walls etc, just spray the stain on with a sprayer like said, no peticular motion , and you can always do 2 colors or 3 or as many as u desire for that marble finish

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what about small cracks? fill them? if so with what?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
if there small just leave them they will add to the look, if there big as in 1/8 or bigger, u could fill them with concrete type caulking, but u would have to make sure u got no excess on top ,only stuff in the cracks its self and there still gunna stand out, i'd still probally just leave the cracks alone...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts