Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
If your so set on one, then just make a turbo setup. its easy as hell to design. The only problem are would be the carburetor blow through setup. Turbos really shine in EFI applications where a MAP sensor is involved to provide more fuel under boost. I had a home made turbo setup on a street legal sand rail that I just sold and it was a draw through setup where the carb was mounted before the turbo and it did OK but I never got a chance to convert it to EFI/blow through. Heres a pic and BTW, this rail with a 2165cc engine would absolutely annihalate a new model ZO6 Corvette from a stand still or on the highway.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can't even count how many times I've seen this posted before, but here it is again

TURBO 450R

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the link now all i gotta do is save a lil money i didnt think it was gonna cost me almost 5k but in 2 years when im kinda close to that maybe it will be a lil cheaper and i will be able to buy it... woohoo lol .......Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dude that kit is WAYYYYYYYY overpriced. You could build that kit for around $1000-1500 easily. It looks like they are using a intercooled blow through setup. Im sure someone could do a non-intercooled , alcohol/water injected, setup with less plumbing but then there would be the delima of where to put the tank for the alcohol/water. I need to just break down and start building these setups and selling them for $2500 and make a killing :D .

·
Registered
314 Posts
LOL, it would deffinetly be a shee-killa with a garret hanging off of it. Truthfully though, I dont see a turbo setup being all that beneficial on a quad. The only thing it would excel at is drag racing so a drag quad would be perfect but with trail riding you would need to really hammer down to get the turbo spooled up. I guess it would be pretty cool at the dunes though but consider the reliability of the quad to go to crap. My VW had all forged internals to handle the 30+ psi of boost but as far as I know they dont make forged internals for quads because there is really no need pumping out a whopping 40 horsepower. Im just thinking out loud and it hurts because Im hung over right now, lol. :wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts