Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a K&n filter on my 450, and now it seems to rev way high as soon as change gears. Did my filter help me that much on acceleration, or is my clutch slipping...

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
If your clutch is slipping it could be becuse of the oil. Your not supposed to use the economy oil because it has additives in there to make the oil more slippery causeing your clutch to slip.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
What do you mean as soon as you change gears... Try not to use the clutch one time and see if it isnt rider error with the feathering of the clutch..... Like Mitco said you cant use synthetic in the Tranny side..... TOO slippery.....

If it still revs really high and your not useing the clutch YOU GOT A PROBLEM.....

Shift from 2-3 gears (so you dont have the chance of hitting N) w/ no clutch ... just let off the gas a little... and see how it does then.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Would using the Honda trans oil 80# instead od the motor oil 10-40# help this out you think?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Well if you are running the Honda oil with OUT moly you are good....

The 80W tranny oil is good stuff however.....

its what i run....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Sep 24 2004, 04:13 PM
Well if you are running the Honda oil with OUT moly you are good....

The 80W tranny oil is good stuff however.....

its what i run....
i run that stuff too

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help, I think its just more power because i smoked a yfz this weekend, and i wouldnt if i was slippin...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts