Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i pull in my clutch to move my bike when it's in gear(not running)it doesn't want to roll. Also when i put it in gear the bike jerks abit. I can't say if it does it when it's warmed up(didn't pay attention) but i know it does when it's cold. I checked my free play and it seems to be fine but is there anything else i should look at or is this really not a problem? Also i noticed riding around the subdivision, on paved streets,going down a slight decline that when you pull the clutch in that it doesn't free wheel. It actually starts slowing down almost like a brake is dragging.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
there is nothing wrong, that is normal. it only does that when its cold, because the oil is thicker and causes the clutch plates to be a little sticker....its normal....i think the slowing down you are feeling when pulling the clutch in is gravity....later.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Aug 18 2004, 12:31 AM
there is nothing wrong, that is normal. it only does that when its cold, because the oil is thicker and causes the clutch plates to be a little sticker....its normal....i think the slowing down you are feeling when pulling the clutch in is gravity....later.
exactly what i was going ot say.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you just change trans. oil , sometimes a heavier viscosity will cause this to some extent- but no all the time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Let'er warm up a little longer next time and see what happens. Is your cable stretched?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts