Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was looking through "how-to's" and was wondering what everyone thought of the clutch mod. Is it something to do for sure? I love tinkering adn figured it'd giving me something to do on a Sat afternoon. I am keeping the bike mostly stock..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any thoughts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've tried it, made my clutch kinda grabby. You lose allot of smoothness. I wouldn't worry about whether your bike is mostly stock either, both of mine are pretty well built and I have no clutch issues.

Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on riding mostly trail stuff... I'm in FL and just picked up this hobby... So I know only of woods really... There is a place or 2 where my buddy and I can take the R's and race them on sand, but other than that... riding anywhere we can find open land... Ocala or Croom in Tampa

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did the clutch mod, didn't notice a real difference. I don't use the clutch much though. give it some throttle, dump the clutch, and tear it up! It does seem to be more on or off, no in between.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I did the clutch mod, didn't notice a real difference. I don't use the clutch much though. give it some throttle, dump the clutch, and tear it up! It does seem to be more on or off, no in between.[/b]
hmm i use the clutch quite a bit.. but i have never seen the mod, but mine is working fine so im not going to fix something that isnt broke

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I did the mod and I like it. Gives the clutch a more positive feel. I'm not sure if it's worth it on a stock bike though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ride dunes and track mosty, if I do hit the trails I stick to 5th gear fire roads. Not much clutching for me. It does give the clutch a very positive feel. No feeling of slipping or chatter. For my riding style, I didn't notice it much. If you like to stick to trails, then I would leave the stock setup, it will let you slip it a little in the slow stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts