Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what u guys use for a clutch lever when using and E-brake block off???
a CR clutch perch or somthing aftermarket

thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
If you can find an early year CRF (02) you can use that. The 04 had a hot start lever built in to the perch... which is sweet if you take your lights off. Of you could try the ASV levers which can be found at www.asvinventions.com ... again a little price, but it will be the last lever you will ever buy.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Aug 28 2004, 09:41 PM
other side
Hey 25b, what kind of wire are you using for your grips? And how do you tighten it down to the bar/grip like that. I knew you could do that but I have never seen it done, nor do I know exactly how you do it...thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Aug 28 2004, 09:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450R_Racer
@Aug 28 2004, 09:41 PM
other side
Hey 25b, what kind of wire are you using for your grips? And how do you tighten it down to the bar/grip like that. I knew you could do that but I have never seen it done, nor do I know exactly how you do it...thanks. [/b]
lude,
you can pay big $$$ and get that wire at your local dealer, or you can go to a hardware store and buy some cheap. i can't remember what guage mine is, but i used a pair of visegrips to hold both ends together then twist until it is tight. kinda like splicing two wires together. there is also a pricey tool made just for the job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg+Aug 28 2004, 10:16 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2004, 09:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450R_Racer
@Aug 28 2004, 09:41 PM
other side

Hey 25b, what kind of wire are you using for your grips? And how do you tighten it down to the bar/grip like that. I knew you could do that but I have never seen it done, nor do I know exactly how you do it...thanks.
lude,
you can pay big $$$ and get that wire at your local dealer, or you can go to a hardware store and buy some cheap. i can't remember what guage mine is, but i used a pair of visegrips to hold both ends together then twist until it is tight. kinda like splicing two wires together. there is also a pricey tool made just for the job. [/b]
I thought about that, but dont you have little sharp burs sticking up where you twistetd them together? seems to me they would be poking my hand that way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Aug 28 2004, 10:30 PM
I thought about that, but dont you have little sharp burs sticking up where you twistetd them together? seems to me they would be poking my hand that way...
answer... no.
explanation... even when you use the special tool, you get the same result. the piece left sticking up can be cut down to 1/4-1/2 inch with wire cutters then it is tapped with a hammer into the grip unitl it sinks beneath the surface. if you need, i can supply a picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg+Aug 28 2004, 10:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Aug 28 2004, 10:30 PM
I thought about that, but dont you have little sharp burs sticking up where you twistetd them together? seems to me they would be poking my hand that way...
answer... no.
explanation... even when you use the special tool, you get the same result. the piece left sticking up can be cut down to 1/4-1/2 inch with wire cutters then it is tapped with a hammer into the grip unitl it sinks beneath the surface. if you need, i can supply a picture.
[/b]
I get it, thanks for your help. B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
I bought my wire puller tool at Harbor Freight for 4.99. I got 20 feet of 16 guage (I think) wire for 3.99 also at Harbor Freight.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Aug 28 2004, 11:18 PM
I bought my wire puller tool at Harbor Freight for 4.99.  I got 20 feet of 16 guage (I think) wire for 3.99 also at Harbor Freight.

Dave
Thanks Dave. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
No prob lude. Ill be honest... As far as the wire goes you get what you pay for. I ended up buying a little more "quality" wire because the Harbor Freight stuff would twist a few times and just break off. You can get it to work, but start twisting close to the bars and only twist it 3 or 4 full times, then cut and tap into the grips.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
I buy it from the local Yamaha dealer for $6.00. I have a friend that works there so I buy what I can from him he hooks me up. Double rap the wire around the grip. The grab the 2 ends with small vise grips. Pull dowm hard to make it tight and twist it tight. Then like was stated cut it about 1/4 to 3/8 from the grip. I use a pair of dikes to and bend it to the side, the push it uo into the grip with the pointed end of the dikes and you won't even know it is there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Aug 29 2004, 03:34 PM
I buy it from the local Yamaha dealer for $6.00. I have a friend that works there so I buy what I can from him he hooks me up. Double rap the wire around the grip. The grab the 2 ends with small vise grips. Pull dowm hard to make it tight and twist it tight. Then like was stated cut it about 1/4 to 3/8 from the grip. I use a pair of dikes to and bend it to the side, the push it uo into the grip with the pointed end of the dikes and you won't even know it is there.
B) thanks I did it today, and it worked great....later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Have you guys ever tried using some spray paint on the inside of the grips? It holds them really well also. A lot less screwing around than wire.

Just my opinion FWIW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Originally posted by Outlwd@Aug 29 2004, 11:54 PM
Have you guys ever tried using some spray paint on the inside of the  grips?  It holds them really well also. A lot less screwing around than wire.

Just my opinion FWIW
Hair spray works good also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Just my opinion FWIW
Hair spray works good also [/quote]
Have you ever substituted your wife's hairspray with spraypaint?? Whhooooweeee!!
that get's em goin'
:lol: :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top