Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my clutch is slipping and want any preferences on any clutch kits i should get.
my friend is telling me to get a oem clutch with a lockout( i have no idea what a lockout is)
what is a lockout clutch?

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
my friend is telling me to get a oem clutch with a lockout( i have no idea what a lockout is)
Im not sure what a lock out is iether, but i agree with the oem clutch, maybe one of the mods can tell us both what a lock out is. I also heard rekluse clutches are pretty good, no experience with them just what i heard .But a wise man told me to always go with OEM parts on these trx,s. Thats my two cent’s.

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,551 Posts
Direct Drive makes lockout clutches that are geared towards drag racers, but the Rekluse Manual TQ drive in my opinion is better. However, I prefer the auto Rekluse Z-Start pro for XC/Trail use.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Why would he tell you to get a lock Out clutch? Does he even know what that is? You don't want that for normal weekend riding and what not. The lock out is mostly for someone who is Drag racing and has an Over Ride Transmission.

What I have always did was used CRF450 Clutch Springs, Clutch plates and Clutch Friction Disk's it gets rid of the jutter Springs that the TRX450's come from factory with. Assuming that your Clutch baskets are not grooved and worn out just go to rockymountainatv/mc (just doa google search) and then go to OEM parts Diagram for a 04/05/06 CRF450R and get the Clutch kit from them fits right in the TRX and it's abetter set up with stiffer springs.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
Why would he tell you to get a lock Out clutch? Does he even know what that is? You don't want that for normal weekend riding and what not. The lock out is mostly for someone who is Drag racing and has an Over Ride Transmission.

What I have always did was used CRF450 Clutch Springs, Clutch plates and Clutch Friction Disk's it gets rid of the jutter Springs that the TRX450's come from factory with. Assuming that your Clutch baskets are not grooved and worn out just go to rockymountainatv/mc (just doa google search) and then go to OEM parts Diagram for a 04/05/06 CRF450R and get the Clutch kit from them fits right in the TRX and it's abetter set up with stiffer springs.
Very goid to know, thanks for the tip, yea lockout is no bueno for trail riding. Now i know what it does. Dont need to be shooting iut of the hoke while trsil riding 😂.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts