Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering a new clutch basket . I am needing a new primary gear and cushion. I checked Ebay and and cant find either. Is there another name for them? Does anyone know where to get them at ?

·
Registered
854 Posts
you use the gear off of your old basket. drill out the rivits and the new basket comes with bolts to bolt it on. hinson makes cushions, i couldn't find them online but my dealer was able to order them for me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a used gear, but the basket is junk which tells me the cushions are bad. Does anyone make the replacements yet? I searched and read a bunch but nothing seems up to date.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just went thru the same thing....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine aint that bad but It has a bunch of deep grooves on the basket. Did you find any replacement or did you try to use the brass strips?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine aint that bad but It has a bunch of deep grooves on the basket. Did you find any replacement or did you try to use the brass strips?
I bought a new stock one, with the inner hub a pressure plate. Here is what the inside look like..:eek:oh4::eek:oh4:

"

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks about like mine.I dont have alot of play in the gear as in your vid. I hate to buy a aftermarket basket and for the same money have to replace the cushions. There has to be someone out there. It sounds like a hidden gold mine. They way I understand it the cushions cause the ridges , so if you could sell something for 1/4 of what it cost to replace the whole thing , they would sell like hot cakes.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I agree but couldn't find anything...and for the price of the aftermarket basket, i got all new internals from our local sponsor. I did find out that rekluse uses Weisco to make there baskets...I bring this up because we used to race the WORCS series and had several 40-50% off certificates. Now I just need to find them...LOL

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a Wiseco basket just for the lifetime warranty. I guess If it grooves I will just get a new one, but I still hate having to buy and cut up oem clutch baskets.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Like just mentioned Wiseco I think did make the cushions. The other solution people used to do way take the slack out of the cushions with brass shims. I think Rekluse at one time sold them but may not now. The baskets grove naturally, the cushions can help take some of the shock out and should actually prolong the basket life vs a solid mount, but they shrink and wear and cause more movement over time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts