Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm new around here been riding since I was alittle kid, always rode 2 strokes and finally got sick of fixing up my 250R so last friday I got one of those go out and spend money impulses and bought me a 450R. anyways I finaly put alittle time on it today and noticed that the clutch seems like it don't start grabing until its almost all the way out. is everybody else's like this? or do I just gotta adjust it? the new 450R hauls a$$, I was kinda worried that I would'nt like it cause its a 4 stroke, I'm not worried anymore. I was getting up some pretty good hills today and noticed that the front is pretty light, it was pretty cool doing a wheely up a hill in 3rd, my only problem is around some of the corners when I'm gasing it out its kinda hard to steer with the front in the air, it'll take some gettin used to I guess. anyways just want to say this new 450R is a bad MOFO.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Well i set mine to release right at the end, i like it there, that way u just barely pull it when you riding, not as hard on the hands whne u decide to use the clutch, but if u want it to grab closer just adjust it. There should be a spot right where the clutch is under the rubber flap as well as right by the motor, not sure wich way is wich n e more tho, isnt too hard tho.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I also have my clutch adjusted to it grabs right b4 the lever is all the way out. I do this because it makes it easier to use 2 fingers because i dont have to pull it so far in. Just my prefrence.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
They don't always adjust the clutch cable and the throttle cable from the factory. While you are adjusting your clutch look over and see if your throttle cable has been adjusted, just pull the rubber thing back just like on the clutch side. If the metal thing is twisted all the way in then you need to adjust it to make sure the carb is going full throttle when you have it pinned.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the proper gap is about 3 or 4 mill. or jus stick a nickel in between the lever and perch, that is your proper gap, and proper gap adjustment.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r+May 20 2004, 10:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nacsmx450r
@May 20 2004, 08:08 AM
the proper gap is about 3 or 4 mill.  or jus stick a nickel in between the lever and perch, that is your proper gap, and proper gap adjustment.
this might be glaringly obvious, but you mean this piece of instruction for the throttle right ?

~ [/b]
no, for the clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts