·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ya clean it or leave it???

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I clean every last spec of dirt off when I am done. Good time to check everything, inspect everything, lube the chain, change the oil and filter and get everything done in one day. Keeping it clean will make things easier down the road...

Dave

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Aug 31 2004, 09:26 PM
I clean every last spec of dirt off when I am done.  Good time to check everything, inspect everything, lube the chain, change the oil and filter and get everything done in one day.  Keeping it clean will make things easier down the road...

Dave
exactly what i do.. The pressure washer helps a lot to!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
well i dont park mine muddy but dusty instead. :D not much mud in the desert

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i hope my dad cleans it or one of the neighbor kids that like it so much...sometimes I even let them start it if they clean it really good

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Sep 1 2004, 05:02 AM
i hope my dad cleans it or one of the neighbor kids that like it so much...sometimes I even let them start it if they clean it really good
lmao :D B)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Fender+Aug 31 2004, 11:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ride_Red626
@Aug 31 2004, 09:26 PM
I clean every last spec of dirt off when I am done.  Good time to check everything, inspect everything, lube the chain, change the oil and filter and get everything done in one day.  Keeping it clean will make things easier down the road...

Dave
exactly what i do.. The pressure washer helps a lot to!!
[/b]
Same for me. I like to make sure my ride is in tip top shape. You never know when some of your buddies want to go ride. So, I like to have my bike clean and ready to go at any given moment! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I give it a full detail at least every two weeks, and wash it after every race. I dont use a pressure washer as it tends to tear rubber seals and force mud and water into the bearings and bushings causing premature wear. I hand wash it every time getting it spot free, then apply a nice coat of Armor All Ultimate Shine to all the plastic, seat, rubber hoses and brake lines and the tires. I like having everything in tip top shape. I'm the same way with my truck. I'll ride the hell outta my quad, but after I'm finished it gets pampered.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine get's some simple green, power washer and some armor all or wd40 on the plastic but I don't get crazy about it. Just not worth the time when I'm going to just get it cover in mud all over again

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd have to say that I'm a recovering wash addict. But hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

I look at it this way; being a neat freak on how you wash your quad could save you a lot of time and money. There have been several times in which I meticulously washed over the quad and found parts/cables that were in need of TLC right away. In one or two cases, had I not seen the issue, I could have ended up stranded on the next outage/ride ...

Besides, other than your toilet bowl, you can really become ONE with your ride by keeping her fresh and clean! Did I say toilet bowl? I meant woman!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I Clean IT..... :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
I clean mine as soon as I get home, but if its muddy I will take some pictures first to show others, and make them want one too. :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
dude... a cleaan machine is a sexy machine

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Clean makes it look mean

·
Registered
483 Posts
After almost every ride ill atleast give it a quick spray. Every couple rides ill give it a good bath.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts