1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nice! I guess there's really no way to race up that hill? It looks kinda like a single track up the hill. That would make for a great race though. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
559 Posts
That hill is freakin' huge!!!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
You just can comprehend the size and steepness of these hills until you actually climb them. They are freakin' massive.

Thanks for posting Craig.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I always hated climbing that, I hate anywhere in the cinders were the black turns to red. Its always so rocky and ruins even sand geckos.

You should hit a brotha up when you go up there, Id like to get together and ride with ya. Where there many people up there? What are you you guys doing for labor day? They had a tree in the flats last year for dragging.

FYI guys then angle on the main run getting up to where they where filming this is 1/3 mile and 47 degrees. It truley is massive.

Thanks for sharing the videos.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
And whatever you do, DON'T break down in the bottom of this bowl, LOL. There's no way out if you do. I've seen it happen to a jeep and I know for a fact that it sat there in the bottom for at least two weeks.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I always hated climbing that, I hate anywhere in the cinders were the black turns to red. Its always so rocky and ruins even sand geckos.

You should hit a brotha up when you go up there, Id like to get together and ride with ya. Where there many people up there? What are you you guys doing for labor day? They had a tree in the flats last year for dragging.

FYI guys then angle on the main run getting up to where they where filming this is 1/3 mile and 47 degrees. It truley is massive.

Thanks for sharing the videos.[/b]
Zach, there were quite a few people there because of the whiplash race, but it wasn't too bad. I'll probably go back for Labor Day. Let me know if you want to go. I'll meet up with you.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
can a stock bike even make it up that?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
QUOTE(Zach648 @ Aug 6 2008, 10:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=540098
<div class='quotemain'>did you guys go up the front or the side of $100 Hill?[/b]
Straight up the front!
[/b]

what tire settup are you using in the vid? i dont think youre using the same as if going to glamis is it.
[/b][/quote]
I have a pair of sand sharks for the cinders. It's rough on tires so you need molded paddles for the cinders. There's no way I'd use my skats at the cinders.
[/b][/quote]

i thought so.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow! nice videos! Those look huge and I know everything looks a lil smaller on camera than when you are there so they have to be big!

Grey

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
QUOTE(bueller @ Aug 6 2008, 10:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=540104
<div class='quotemain'>
did you guys go up the front or the side of $100 Hill?[/b]
Straight up the front!
[/b]

what tire settup are you using in the vid? i dont think youre using the same as if going to glamis is it.
[/b]
I have a pair of sand sharks for the cinders. It's rough on tires so you need molded paddles for the cinders. There's no way I'd use my skats at the cinders.
[/b][/quote]

i thought so.
[/b][/quote]

I made it up with a pipe and geckos, 1st gear at the top. I once boarded down that on a directional burton in the rocks. Beer makes me do weird things :drink:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts