Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my CHM exhaust last night, wanted to put the can on to see how it fit. Could not install whole system engine is apart. Well I bolted it up and it fits very poorly will probably have to shim up and tweak the brackets. Has anyone else had this problem, i hope the head pipe fits better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by fourtraxmc@Jul 14 2004, 11:11 PM
I got my CHM exhaust last night,  wanted to put the can on to see how it fit. Could not install whole system engine is apart. Well I bolted it up and it fits very poorly will probably have to shim up and tweak the brackets. Has anyone else had this problem, i hope the head pipe fits better.
I think that is because it only fits the CHM header, just a guess...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the head pipe and will install that when the engine goes back together , just talking about muffler can. I like the looks I just hope the performance will be worth the fit up time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by fourtraxmc@Jul 14 2004, 11:17 PM
I have the head pipe and will install that when the engine goes back together , just talking about muffler can. I like the looks I just hope the performance will be worth the fit up time.
I am just saying, I don't think it will hook up right until you get the header on there. If that is the case, I don't think you will have to adjust it at all...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope your right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD+Jul 14 2004, 08:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-fourtraxmc
@Jul 14 2004, 11:17 PM
I have the head pipe and will install that when the engine goes back together , just talking about muffler can. I like the looks I just hope the performance will be worth the fit up time.
I am just saying, I don't think it will hook up right until you get the header on there. If that is the case, I don't think you will have to adjust it at all... [/b]
yeah you probably need to get get the head pipe bolted on and it should be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When it is on the two rear mounts it does not fit them flush and muffler is really close to subframe - I guess I really won't know how it fits until complete system goes on, then I will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by fourtraxmc@Jul 14 2004, 11:28 PM
When it is on the two rear mounts it does not fit them flush and muffler is really close to subframe -  I guess I really won't know how it fits until complete system goes on, then I will see.
I highly doubt you will have any problems. Dez has his on and says the fit and finish is perfect. Also, CHM seems to be a great company that will fix anything that is wrong...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Hello,

I installed mine with no problems at all. Yes it is a tight fit but all worked with out a hitch.

Desert, why did you use a dremal? All you needed to do is put a film of anti-seizing greese on the header part and all slides on perfect!

Yes the joining part of the header pipe and the baffle are a very close fit by the frame. There is about 1/16 of an inch space or if that between the frame and the pipe joining connections.


Other than what was mentioned I have had not problems with it at all.


If you need more assitance on installing it you can pm me..it only should take 15-30 to install with out breaking a sweat.

Regards, Fly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Desert you descibed exactly what I am seeing. My first thought was that the front mount was bent and did not fit on the bike squarely. Thank you again for everyones time and replies it is much appriciated.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top