Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have already seen this post on Z400central.com

But if not here ya go.

Claims to get 80hp on the stock engnie before bending valves.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
yea, i definately need one! :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
how much does it cost??

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Sign me up i want one........ :lol:

Thats pretty neat ... the time it took to get all that right is just awesome.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
damn that thing would be killer with a 505 kit and the rest decked out! that is the supercharger with intercooler isn't it????

·
Registered
94 Posts
Its not a supercharger, its a turbo with intercooler. They are also working on one for the YFZ, along with several other quads. It looks sweet, I just wonder if they have all the bugs worked out? B)

·
Registered
97 Posts
would you be able to ride that around normally.....or would you have to baby it? is it reliable at all...its pretty sick though

·
Registered
3,685 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
did anyone else notice those front A-arms...they have different shock mounting positions on them...is that homeade, or does someone sell those......It looks like someone welded them onto the stock a-arms....Does Anybody now?....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Aug 17 2004, 07:22 AM
did anyone else notice those front A-arms...they have different shock mounting positions on them...is that homeade, or does someone sell those......It looks like someone welded them onto the stock a-arms....Does Anybody now?....
i noticed that too. It probably so he can drag, hit the dunes, then go trailing. Ive seen a lot of guys do that with banshee's

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Those look to be homemade --- the front end will be very rigid moving the shocks out like that --- not a good thing to do for anything but drag racing, but at least they can move it back...

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is crazy people are putting boost on everything theses days. THe guy is runnin a trubo XS blow off valve, That thing is crazy loud, I have the same one on my Eagle Talon. Anyone have a site for this quad or know how much boost he is runnin?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Aug 18 2004, 10:14 AM
Those look to be homemade --- the front end will be very rigid moving the shocks out like that --- not a good thing to do for anything but drag racing, but at least they can move it back...
I have mine moved outwards with brackets, it is softer believe it or not. Lowered it 3 inchs and wided it 1.5 inchs. This works great in sand and trail riding. I have no complaints with them. I have another pair for sale for $55

Thanks, Corey

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Unless something very funny is going on, moving the shocks outward on the control arms decreases the leverage ratio and makes them more "firm".

This can be verified by measuring how much shock travel is used by moving the control arm a given distance with both setups.

In the case of moving the shocks outward, more shock travel is used up for every inch of suspnesion travel (because there is physically more movement the farther out you go on the control arm)-- this will cause the resistance provided by the shock spring to be greater at the tire.

Think about what would happen if you moved the shock mount point inboard toward the inner pivot point - to move the wheel a given distance takes much less shock travel (since there is physically less control arm movement closer to the pivot), giving the wheel more leverage against the shock and thus making the shock "softer".

This is true until you move the shock so far out that the angle of operation actually causes the shock to swing more than compress.

The other problem is that unless careful attention is paid to the design of the lowering kit, the compressed and extended frame heights are thrown way off which also adversely affects handling. Suspension travel is also decreased.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would like to see it run, either in person or on film. :huh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts