1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how hard it is to change the jets on a 450r? thanks

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Fender@Aug 17 2004, 11:43 PM
I was just wondering how hard it is to change the jets on a 450r? thanks
the pilot and main jet are simple. the needle jet is a little more difficult. for the main and pilot twist the carb and take the bowl off. theres your jets. For the needle take the gas tank off, and take the four screws out of the top of the carb. you should be able to fiqure it out from there. I assume you have some common since when I tell you this though...if not dont try it. B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
oh, and let me know if you need further details....I will help with what I can over the internet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually, for the main jet you just need to remove the plug on the bottom of the float bowl. I think it's a 17mm. After that, I think the jet itself is a 6mm.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by 35charlie@Aug 18 2004, 12:09 AM
Actually, for the main jet you just need to remove the plug on the bottom of the float bowl.  I think it's a 17mm.  After that, I think the jet itself is a 6mm.
oops, i forgot about that little detail.....
if you want to replace the pilot jet, whitch you probably dont....then you would need to take the bowl off.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks guys B) .Im sure I wont be changing the pilot jet anytime soon lol.and whats that little cover thing by the carb when you take the seat off?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
When one of you carb-smart guys do some jetting, could you take some detailed pics of how you got the carb out to work on it and just a walk-through of how to do all this? And maybe any tips can make the whole process a bit easier or something like that? Just thought it would be VERY helpful to many of us, I know I would be willing to give it a shot if I had some pics to go by B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
yeah...I didnt take the carb of either...I did it a little different this Des though...I just spun the carb sideways to replace the main. I took the gas tank off to do the needle....its very simple guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts