Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pre owned Honda trx 450R for $1200.
Tightened the chain down as it was really loose. Left about 1 1/2 inches of slack after it was tighented. Seemed okay.

Fast forward a couple of rides later, I hear a noise at the chain. Think nothing of it, the bikes still working fine. Get home and hope off. Oil all by the shifter and running down my nerf bars. A decent pool of it. Clean it up with a paper towel, and see this. BETTER VIDEO FOR MORE INSPECTION.

Im not sure what it knocked off, or what was there. Am looking for some insight on it. Best way to fix, or any advice is helpful.

·
Truck Yea
5,652 Posts
someone kicked the chain off at one point and zapped the case. the stand offs for the case saver appear broken off. only real fix is split the case and replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone kicked the chain off at one point and zapped the case. the stand offs for the case saver appear broken off. only real fix is split the case and replace it.
Any Chance of it being welded? I just do not want oil leaking while riding.

·
Truck Yea
5,652 Posts
an expert welder can fix it. i had it done on one i owned and it was fine. hardest thing is you need a tig welder and to heat the metal so the oil impurities burn out so you can even weld it.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,486 Posts
It looks like it got into the clutch lifter arm bore. You’re not going to be able to weld that without going in and boring it back to size so the arm will move freely, and that in itself is going to be crazy difficult since there is two bearing in there and the lower one is just about impossible to remove. Maybe it’s not into the bore, but it looks like it in the pic.

That is why you should always, always, always run a poly, molded style case saver, and a good strong chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts