Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently converted my 05 trx450r to center exhaust. I was wondering if anyone out there would want a bolt on kit like this? kit would include 1 custom made header, 1 custom made alum. airbox,all brackets needed. All you have to do is buy the slip on of your choice. Is anyone out there interested and if soo what is it worth? pm me for more details if interested

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am interested.. post pics and potential price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how did it come out? got any pictures?

youre the seller post a price.[/b]

yes post pics!! i want detaild!!!
[/b]
Give me a day or 2 for pics. I will give it some more thought right now from the one i have done, i figure $200 for the alum air box,header,and brackets $150 for header and brackets if some people run no air box, if i feel i can make several of them faster, price will go down. Give me your thoughts if thats too high i will also have to reconsider it.Once again i am testing waters. i did it to mine and i love it!!! i figure other people have got to like the look too so give me your input!

Thanks again! Chris

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

[/b]
Give me a day or 2 for pics. I will give it some more thought right now from the one i have done, i figure $200 for the alum air box,header,and brackets $150 for header and brackets if some people run no air box, if i feel i can make several of them faster, price will go down. Give me your thoughts if thats too high i will also have to reconsider it.Once again i am testing waters. i did it to mine and i love it!!! i figure other people have got to like the look too so give me your input!

Thanks again! Chris
[/b]
That doesnt sound too bad price wise. Doesnt UM sell an aluminum airbox for 100$ and most headers are ATLEAST 150 so as long as the header your making has good flow and puts out good power thatd be a hell of a deal. Also, since your custom making the header could you make it to fit pipes that don't offer slipons so people who already have full system could just take off their silencer or w/e and put it on your header, like my curtis sparks for example, if so id probly be interested in the future

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE(sandshots @ Aug 12 2008, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=542866
<div class='quotemain'>how did it come out? got any pictures?

[/b]

Thanks again! Chris
[/b][/quote]

That doesnt sound too bad price wise. Doesnt UM sell an aluminum airbox for 100$ and most headers are ATLEAST 150 so as long as the header your making has good flow and puts out good power thatd be a hell of a deal. Also, since your custom making the header could you make it to fit pipes that don't offer slipons so people who already have full system could just take off their silencer or w/e and put it on your header, like my curtis sparks for example, if so id probly be interested in the future
[/b][/quote]
The kit i made for mine accepts ltr450 slip ons only i feel the header flows better it has smoother curves and less ridged bends . I also feel it helps center the weight of the bike rather it helps or not who knows. $200 is a rough number as long as i can make a little extra cash for my bike i would love to hook people up with a cool system but i do not want to build them and lose money, So if their is demand out there i am gona make a few and get a FOR SURE price and post up a few pics also if anyone want a full bolt on kit Header,stock slip on,alum air box and brackets i asume around $250 or so i will try to get some pics asap! Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
QUOTE(hondaman01 @ Aug 12 2008, 05:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=542868
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Thanks again! Chris
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
The kit i made for mine accepts ltr450 slip ons only i feel the header flows better it has smoother curves and less ridged bends . I also feel it helps center the weight of the bike rather it helps or not who knows. $200 is a rough number as long as i can make a little extra cash for my bike i would love to hook people up with a cool system but i do not want to build them and lose money, So if their is demand out there i am gona make a few and get a FOR SURE price and post up a few pics also if anyone want a full bolt on kit Header,stock slip on,alum air box and brackets i asume around $250 or so i will try to get some pics asap! Thanks again!
[/b][/quote]

So wed have to run ltr450 slipons on our trxs? Wish I culd just slap my sparks on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE(ltr450ridur @ Aug 12 2008, 04:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=542883
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Thanks again! Chris
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

So wed have to run ltr450 slipons on our trxs? Wish I culd just slap my sparks on it.
[/b][/quote]

I will have to do a little playing around i may be able to make it work with a trx exh. i just like the way the ltr exh looks and it still runs great. i am gona put the yosh rs-5 system on mine i just put the stock to see how it worked out i wish i had means of testing on a dyno i may have to i just put system on and i am gona race my buddys raptor 700 were neck and neck so thats my only means of testing it lol i will let evryone know more when i do! Thanks

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

[/b]

Thanks again! Chris
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

i think that aluminum box he made is not only to be aluminum but to work with the exaust. thats why a UM wouldnt work.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
QUOTE(hondaman01 @ Aug 12 2008, 05:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=542868
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Thanks again! Chris
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

i think that aluminum box he made is not only to be aluminum but to work with the exaust. thats why a UM wouldnt work.
[/b][/quote]

Didnt mean it like that at all..was just throwing out there that UMS aluminum box costs like 100$ so if he offered his custom aluminum box + header for 200-250 itd still be a good deal

·
Registered
277 Posts
wow a centered exhaust on a 450r that would be something to see. It would be an attention getter.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
wow a centered exhaust on a 450r that would be something to see. It would be an attention getter.[/b]
For real, if he can make it work for trx exhausts I would start savin for one

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
some one on here also was selling a trx with a custom center HMF exhuast

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
some one on here also was selling a trx with a custom center HMF exhuast[/b]
I ran sum numbers and for the complete kit, header,alum box,brackets for a ltr slip on to work 250 shipped to your door. i looked at it for a lil bit and i may be able to make a trx exh. run center but i feel the flow of the exh. wont be as good as running a ltr slip on but i will test a little more and see what i can come up with. The bike is half tore down but i will try and get some pics of the exhaust hooked up and rideable but i dont have the alum. box on it yet. i will let you guys know what i have goin on and what i come up with. if anyone can post pics of any center exh. ran i would love to see it i thought i was the first one...lol just curious to see how theirs looks ,also who would rather be able to run a trx pipe vs a ltr? Thanks again Chris

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
AND i have a few questions, what diameter is the header, is it stepped or straight, what material is the head made out of?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AND i have a few questions, what diameter is the header, is it stepped or straight, what material is the head made out of?
[/quot
I will have to check dia. tommorow its stepped and the header is made out of stainless

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
some one on here also was selling a trx with a custom center HMF exhuast[/b]
I ran sum numbers and for the complete kit, header,alum box,brackets for a ltr slip on to work 250 shipped to your door. i looked at it for a lil bit and i may be able to make a trx exh. run center but i feel the flow of the exh. wont be as good as running a ltr slip on but i will test a little more and see what i can come up with. The bike is half tore down but i will try and get some pics of the exhaust hooked up and rideable but i dont have the alum. box on it yet. i will let you guys know what i have goin on and what i come up with. if anyone can post pics of any center exh. ran i would love to see it i thought i was the first one...lol just curious to see how theirs looks ,also who would rather be able to run a trx pipe vs a ltr? Thanks again Chris
[/b]
I think it would look better with a ltr slip on but would be cool to see both styles to have a comparison. I haven't bought an exhaust yet partly cause I want to see how this turns out lol.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts