Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently converted my trx450 to center exhaust. I was wondering if anyone out there would want a bolt on kit like this? kit would include 1 custom made header, 1 custom made alum. airbox,all brackets needed. All you have to do is buy the slip on. Is anyone out there interested and if soo what is it worth? pm me for more details if interested

Thanks chris

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Let's see a picture. You would also benefit by comparing dyno results vs. other known exhausts. Just my opinion.[/b]

good god! here we go with all the dyno chit.
not everyone has access to a dyno.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's see a picture. You would also benefit by comparing dyno results vs. other known exhausts. Just my opinion.[/b]

[/b]
Hell with the dyno I wanna see a pic lol.
[/b]
LOL im glad im not the only one without dyno access, i hope to have pics of the exh. hooked up running with out the alum. airbox tommorow it sounds like everyone has got to see one! lol i love ithe looks of it all i used for the fab. is a stock slip on i hope to put a yosh rs-5 or maybe a dasa but well see im happy with the stock one for now sounds reall good and still great power

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

[/b]
What are you talking about?????????? If you don't care about what gains you get from an exhaust, why aren't you still running the stock system?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

[/b]
What are you talking about?????????? If you don't care about what gains you get from an exhaust, why aren't you still running the stock system?
[/b]
Majority of people go 50% looks 50% performance..and sometimes one way overpowers the other..and cant u see what hes saying..people are telling him to put up dynos ...dyno costs money and not everyone can afford it or has the time to get to it.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
QUOTE(bueller @ Aug 12 2008, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=542887
<div class='quotemain'>Let's see a picture. You would also benefit by comparing dyno results vs. other known exhausts. Just my opinion.[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Majority of people go 50% looks 50% performance..and sometimes one way overpowers the other..and cant u see what hes saying..people are telling him to put up dynos ...dyno costs money and not everyone can afford it or has the time to get to it.
[/b][/quote]
True, for most people. BUT, if you're making and selling an exhaust, a dyno is a must IMO. Most people aren't going to buy a performance product without knowing what performance they're going to get. I'm not bashing the guy for trying. It's a very cool idea. It just need some testing. You can't just weld some pipe together and expect it to be perfect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The header imo flows better than a stock trx header that doesnt always mean more power but the smoother les sharp bend the faster air is alowed to flow out i do not have means but the way i tune my bike is go to the track and run 1/8 mile and adjust the carb by my 60 foot times and my et its not comparable to a dyno but it works i have yet got a chance to do it yet but i plan to Thanks for the input and your opinions It all helps. . . .anyone know where a dyno is in MI and whats it cost? i would be willing to dyno it and or if some one is interested in a sytem i will sell it for what i have in to it to them if they have the means of dyno testing it and geting numbers to me Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
239 Posts
there were some pics a while back of a guy who had a custom made hmf center exhuast looked just like an ltr.. downside is hmf chrged him 1K for it...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there were some pics a while back of a guy who had a custom made hmf center exhuast looked just like an ltr.. downside is hmf chrged him 1K for it...[/b]
1k Whoa! lol .I am looking to get 250 shipped to your door but you have to buy a slip on. Any one know where there is pics of this bike?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
250 for what this guy is offering seems like a good deal but like others Im iffy on the performance, Around here to dyno your bike its like 250$ not sure everywheres else. I really cant see how making a header that only fits the ltr slipons allows better flow than a trx header/pipe. And how do you think it stacks against a header such as the hrc?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would think this is more about looks than actual performance. I don't think it's going to be any better than Dasa or any of the other favorites but it could look pretty damn cool.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would think this is more about looks than actual performance. I don't think it's going to be any better than Dasa or any of the other favorites but it could look pretty damn cool.[/b]

PICS POSTED UNDER , FOR SALE , PARTS AND ACCES.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts