Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember a while back that someone replaced their soft philips head OEM carb screws with some allen head screws. i can't find the post. just want to know where you found them and what size(s) they were please. i am opening the carb up agian this week and want to replace those screws. if anyone who knows where i can get a set of allen screws for this carb, i would appreciate the info.

thanks,
jason

to the member who has already replaced them... you may want to buy more and package them together to sell as a kit. if you don't, maybe i will. :D
i hate these soft OEM screws. <_<

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
327 Posts
i was bored engine, page12, needle jet problems, but it doesnt have the answer you are looking for.if you pull them and go to lowes if you have one near by. they have a really good selection of machine(hardened) screws in pull out drawers in the screw isle. B) B)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Sep 12 2004, 08:41 AM
i was bored engine, page12, needle jet problems, but it doesnt have the answer you are looking for.if you  pull them and go to lowes if you have one near by. they have a really good selection of machine(hardened) screws in pull out drawers in the screw isle. B)  B)
yeah... i like Lowes' fastener section too. i haven't seen anything there that looks like it would work though. i just heard about another place close by from a guy at Home Depot. it's called Tri-City Bolt & Screw (or Nut). anyway... i figure any place that specializes in fasteners should be able to help.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I actually went into my carb today to put in my HRC needle. The screws are pretty soft, but with the correct bit (Thanks to desert_450r... a #2 drywall bit) I got them on and off without making a single mark. Just apply pretty decent pressure to them with the #2 bit and they will come loose no problem...

Or you can change them out to the allen screws :lol:

Dave

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i found a great set of replacement screws for the top cover and carburetor bowl at Lowes today. WOWA450RRRR was right. here are the screws:

"Hillman M4-.70x12 Socket Hd Cap Screw"

they are in the metric screw section and come two in a pack for $0.75. Socket Head means allen key i guess. anyway they fit and work great. as for the two little screws that hold the needle in place, i didn't find anything yet. keep ya posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts