Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Guy's I need an upgrade carb for a 04' What year would be the best
performer, with the least amount of mods? Thanks.[/b]

if your going to replace your carb might as well do it right....

You can get a couple diffrent model FCR's.... but the most inexpensive one you can find is a stocker off a YFZ and have it bored out...... Dasa does and awesome job at that.... makes his own adapters and venturies......

YFZ carb you may ask?

well they can be found cheap... and they have hotstart.......

I still dont understand how some people get a CRF carb that cost double of what a yfz one costs.... they still need to be bored out to make power......... and seams to be some clearance issues with the tank.... some Yo-hos have cannibalized the carb just to make it fit... YFZ carb slips right in....

You can PM me if you want more details.......

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

You can get a couple diffrent model FCR's.... but the most inexpensive one you can find is a stocker off a YFZ and have it bored out...... Dasa does and awesome job at that.... makes his own adapters and venturies......

YFZ carb you may ask?

I still dont understand how some people get a CRF carb that cost double of what a yfz one costs.... they still need to be bored out to make power......... and seams to be some clearance issues with the tank.... some Yo-hos have cannibalized the carb just to make it fit... YFZ carb slips right in....

[/b]
What ^^he^^ said. YFZ carb makes for an easy swap with no clearance issues. I love mine.

·
Registered
744 Posts

YFZ carb you may ask?

[/b]
What ^^he^^ said. YFZ carb makes for an easy swap with no clearance issues. I love mine.
[/b]

plus shopping for them are a lot cheaper......

·
Registered
889 Posts
How much would it cost for DASA to bore out my stock 06 Carb? and is the power going to be a big difference?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
dasa charges $250 to bore your carb to a 43 with a new venturie. A built stock bore would likley see a 2hp gain though the power band

·
Registered
889 Posts
dasa charges $250 to bore your carb to a 43 with a new venturie. A built stock bore would likley see a 2hp gain though the power band[/b]
2 more horses.... is that a big difference lol?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts