Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my carb on a low hour '04 TRX450R kicker.
Honda wants upwards of $800 for an oem.... Is there a quality aftermarket replacement?... If so, which company or site should I use?

* Some history... While I was stationed overseas my father had his "friends son" go through the quad.
Now, all the fasteners for the plastics are wrong, air filter was missing, intake boot was stripped.... I'm pissed.
Regardless, the carb has missing parts and is in pieces. Thanks dad.

· Registered
2006 Honda trx450er
238 Posts
I need to replace my carb on a low hour '04 TRX450R kicker.
Honda wants upwards of $800 for an oem.... Is there a quality aftermarket replacement?... If so, which company or site should I use?

* Some history... While I was stationed overseas my father had his "friends son" go through the quad.
Now, all the fasteners for the plastics are wrong, air filter was missing, intake boot was stripped.... I'm pissed.
Regardless, the carb has missing parts and is in pieces. Thanks dad.
Damn that really sucks. There is no great aftermarket replacement for the oem carb so I would recommend checking eBay and Facebook marketplace for a good one. Just curious what parts are you missing? Might be able to find just those parts.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn that really sucks. There is no great aftermarket replacement for the oem carb so I would recommend checking eBay and Facebook marketplace for a good one. Just curious what parts are you missing? Might be able to find just those parts.
I wouldn't know where to start on rebuilding it myself. I know the slide, jets, bowl, and many of the bolts are missing.
No dealers nor shops around me will touch anything pre'07, And I've had a max-bore Blaster 200 disappear into the ether of "I know a guy", so I'm hesitant to go that route.
I bought this quad new in 05 (as a new in crate leftover 04), and have been meticulous with logging it's hours and keeping up with the maintenance.... Until this fiasco.
I'm not looking for max power just yet, as my son just got his first 90cc, and I'd like to hit some trails with him.

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
ebay, they are fairly cheap

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
wow. sure its the real deal?

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
looks like the real deal to me too! nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts