Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for anyone who has the service manual.

I took out my main jet tonight and it didnt come loose from the piece it screws into - called a "needle jet holder" by honda.

My question: This jet holder is a bit different than others I have worked with - it has a nut on it - it appears to prevent the holder from going up too far into the carb. Does the service manual give a spec for where the this nut should be?

Thanks in advance,

Carson

·
Registered
733 Posts
the manual does not specify where the locknut should be. it just says, "install the needle jet and needle jet holder, tighten the lock nut and install the main jet." sorry... not much help there, but it looks like the needle jet goes back in longer side first.

looking at the carb picture in the manual w/magnifying glass, it looks like the nut is @4 threads from being completely tight on needle jet holder. maybe someone else has a carb laying around to look at.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red - thanks for the info. I think you are right - you tighten the needle jet holder until it is snug and then use the nut to hold it into place - or "double nut" it so to speak. This may be to prevent the holder from coming out when you are changing main jets although it did not work as planned this particular time.

thanks again,

Carson

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by carson@Jul 19 2004, 08:26 AM
I think you are right
thanks for the credit, but i was just quoting from the manual. without the manual, i would still be riding on the oil shipped in the bike... 20+hours later. :D

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It is not uncommon for that to come out with the main jet, just get it back in there and tighten it up.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It is not uncommon for that to come out with the main jet, just get it back in there and tighten it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts