Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built a 501 and bought a fcr carb to be bored for it. My first question is what intake is a good combo to run with the fcr carb? I was going to purchase a esr intake but I thought I would ask around first and see what other guys are running. My next question is I bought a fcr carb off of a 2007 trx 450er how big can I bored the carb before it gets real expensive? I read that some carbs can go to 42.5 but after that the price doubles.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just built a 501 and bought a fcr carb to be bored for it. My first question is what intake is a good combo to run with the fcr carb? I was going to purchase a esr intake but I thought I would ask around first and see what other guys are running. My next question is I bought a fcr carb off of a 2007 trx 450er how big can I bored the carb before it gets real expensive? I read that some carbs can go to 42.5 but after that the price doubles.[/b]
most here are biased to the modded esr but i personally like the fuel customs intake system, sorry i dont know about the carb but i think it can go to 43 but dont take my word for it. im sure others will chime in

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the difference between a modded esr and a standerd esr?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
sredrum can bore your carb to 43.5

the FCI intake is a piece of art but pricey. someone had tested it and only made 1hp over the esr.
dasa also sells an intake.

u keeping the airbox?

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
I recently used one of the newer versions of the ESR along with a Noss Adapter equipped FCR on my 05. The ESR did not even come close to lining up with the Noss adapter. I ended up cutting up the billet mounting bracket and re-aligning the entire intake. Also modded the cheap rubber boot that they use.... that thing fits so tight that the inner part of the boot sheds pieces of rubber.

The ESR is a cheap alternative to the FCI. But you truely get what you pay for in this case.

And another thing.....

Why in the world does ESR have a HUGE logo silk screened on the side of the pre-filter they sell?? All it does is restrict air flow. It's just so rediculas to me. Specially when they could have printed the logo on the end of the prefilter were there is no air flow. And their logo would be more visible to boot. :crazy:

·
Registered
559 Posts
43.5 fcr with a fci and you will be set[/b]
Make sure that you can run the fci w/your big carb...they were having problems w. a bad lean spike up in the higher rpm range...I know Brad(Raistlin) had to get rid of his.......if your gonna bore your carb I would check w/ Garrett first to see if they got the bug worked out of them...

·
Registered
509 Posts
we have no issues with our intakes with bored out carbs. We run them on all types of builds with great success. no one blown up bike . afr's are fine... dont you owe me for one? FLC480

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
i dont personally believe there is an end all of intakes....just like pipes cams and all other components different stuff will react differently on all motors.... I do like FCI products as they are great quality for the most part but they have drawbacks like any other intake...i know ive had a heck of a time keeping my FCi together...well at least in the form that it makes its best possible power...

sometimes with intakes a little trial and errror is gonna find your best results...as well as worst LOL...i just know that of most of the succesful engines i know of they all have some tweaks to get the most and it starts with the intake...ill leave it at that

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jones you say stuff like this that makes me laugh. Our intakes dont fall apart. i havent had one return ever. if you changed our intake around to something different and it doesnt stay together doesnt mean they fall apart. thats your doing. we make production intakes that are made to last and are suppossed to appeal to masses. Not one off deals that work only on one build. There is more than making an intake for all out power and im sure you know this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts