Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a fcr carb that came off a 2007 450er and I want to put it on my 2004 450r with a esr intake. Before I send this off to get it bored I would like to make sure that I can make this work. I have been told by several people that they are sure it will work but I did see a post recently that said that a 06 and up fcr trx carbs have clearence problems on the 05. assuming that 04 & 05 ARE THE SAME, can I get this to work with a esr intake?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
It will hit the tank. Either buy a 06 and newer tank or cut the top of the carb slightly where the sensor is to make it clear. I have cut the top of the carb to make it clear on some before thats how i do it

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will hit the tank. Either buy a 06 and newer tank or cut the top of the carb slightly where the sensor is to make it clear. I have cut the top of the carb to make it clear on some before thats how i do it[/b]
How much of the carb needs cut and will a 06 or 07 tank bolt up on a 04?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It will hit the tank. Either buy a 06 and newer tank or cut the top of the carb slightly where the sensor is to make it clear. I have cut the top of the carb to make it clear on some before thats how i do it[/b]
[/b]
Yes an 06 tank will fit an 05. It's your only choice unless you want to hack off the top of the carb.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/b]
Yes an 06 tank will fit an 05. It's your only choice unless you want to hack off the top of the carb.
[/b]
Does the tank need to be a 450er tank or just a 450r tank?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got a 06 carb on my 04 if you want me to find my topic on it ill get it[/b]
That would be awsome any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
DJ........... you can run the esr intake you have if you put the noss adaptor on it. or you can run the stock airbox also. if i had to do it over again, i woulda put the noss on my carb.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
you either need a noss adapter or a 06 airbox ive just got the 06 airbox intake tube right now with my cut out airbox to fit and it works fine, the esr was just getting to muddy for me

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rebel

hows the bike running? Have you gone over to the dunes with it yet? Ya we went over last weekend and did some riding it is runing very well.still running a little fat on the jetting so its not tuned in perfect but I had planned on getting an esr intake and fcr carb so we didnt spend a lot of time on the dyno.As soon as I get this carb thing figured out we will have it back on the dyno for the fine tuning. As far as drag racing I lost to one of redlines yfzs quit a few times its a very well known bike at florence. Its the white one with the gray and white checkerd seat. It has a lock up and an override in it. Aside from him The racing went real well. Im very happy with the build.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you will need a 06 ESR intake. I put a 06 tank on my 04 instead of cutting the carb.[/b]
Was that your 04 that you had at florence last weekend that I raced you on or was it a diferent bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts