Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, its been over 3 mos. since i rode my 450, and this weekend i think i might actually be taking it out. i dont know if ill even recognize my baby, it has taken a decent transformation.

my withdrawl will be over!

so my new parts include...

-Laeger +2 long travel arms
-PEP long travel ZPS (thanks to Nate at Mcnett Performance)
-JB racing +1 1/2" stem
-JB racing 1 1/8 anti vibe mount (thanks fourwerx)
-12.5:1 baldwin piston
-new timing chain
-new valve job (thanks tom @ TC racing)
-RTC levers (thanks mwsartain)
-GT Thunder linkage (thanks Chino886)
-AC bumper (when it gets here, thanks 4bidden)

i think that pretty much sums it up for now.

looking forward to trying out the new parts! if you guys are interested to see what else is done to my bike let me know and ill do a break down of everything on it, or if i gt bored maybe ill do it anyways!

lmk what you think...

Eric

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe ill add some pics from this weekend too, i always forget my camera though, so i cant promise anything.

if at the least i can get some on my blackberry...

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It'll feel brand new again!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'll be better than new!
I'm so excited! Actually I'm on my way to finish putting it back together, I finished making the bushings on the lathe, and I got my ball joints Monday from JB, and my clamp will be waiting for me. I have to mount the rezzys and, put in the link, and that should pretty much do it..
Oh yeah and stickers, but only a few, I can't seem to find a way to make them look good on my red plastic.
Will def get pics, everyone is always showing theirs off, and I never contribute, so its time..
I need an opinion, I have hammertone Laegers, and I don't know to go with white or black stickers on the arms, they were white but in sad shape, lmk what you think..

Eric

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
going from a stock machine to a LT is like going night to day. and the bump up on comp will make you love it. also if you are a tall guy the raised stem will make the quad feel more racey, like a dirtbike.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
going from a stock machine to a LT is like going night to day. and the bump up on comp will make you love it. also if you are a tall guy the raised stem will make the quad feel more racey, like a dirtbike.[/b]
So I got it done at like 4 last night, and rode it today around the yard. I like the raised stem, it goes really well with the cr hi bars

The shocks I couldn't really tell since it was just down a smooth dirt road.. I had Laegers std travels, with stock shocks, so it was kinda soft, but just crappy, I want to go to the track next weekend.

I had a tc national motor, that was 13:1, but was a 3 ring, and now I have a 12.5:1 Baldwin 2 ringer. It seems to rev a little quicker.

I got pics, but they are on my phone, if someone wants to host them for me, ill email them to you.

Motocrosser440ex, my 450 looks A LOT like mine, I have the AC coming in the mail too, are your front rims 3-2 offset?

Thank you,

Eric

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PICS!!!

they are crappy cause they were taken at 4am with my blackberry... when i got it together...

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
another

i would put them all in one post but it wont let me!

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and another

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
last one!

i rode it this weekend, actually last night, (i had to break out the headlight!) for a couple hours, but it was mostly sloppy trails, so i couldnt really tell how good the suspension was. i noticed it is a little smoother, esp. the faster you go. i think im going to like it. i just need to get some track time on it.

ill get better pics as soon as i get it cleaned up and when it is still daylight out. ill get the good camera and get some nice hi res pics, ones you would be proud to display as a desktop... maybe..

Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice Job........ looks FAST

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I LOVE it! I don't know how I went so long without riding...

I need to get to the track and really test the suspension!

I need to get real pics up these don't look that good, the blackberry just dosent take that nice of a pic

Thanks for the positive comments!

Eric

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I LOVE it! I don't know how I went so long without riding...

I need to get to the track and really test the suspension!

I need to get real pics up these don't look that good, the blackberry just dosent take that nice of a pic

Thanks for the positive comments!

Eric[/b]

And now its broke, well that was fun for the 2 rides it lasted... then it broke, check the engine forums for more info...

YAY for my luck...

Eric

1 - 16 of 16 Posts