Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys what is the best cam for hill shooting?
I'm using Sparks Full exhaust.
Appreciate all inputs

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by TRX520@Sep 29 2004, 02:25 AM
Guys what is the best cam for hill shooting?
I'm using Sparks Full exhaust.
Appreciate all inputs
I have the same exhaust, with aggr cam, filter kit, these together worked real well racing the hill at the sand dunes, I beat a R with hrc kit with dmc pipe and the vortex cdi, I got him on the bottom end and mid pretty good. Im pretty happy with my setup, and the guys I have raced have been impressed

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
HRC kit is pretty darn good. But, in order to make it sand fast. You'll need to bump up the compression and of course different gears.

You can also go with the Sparks aggresive cam which is for mid range.

I've seen a guy with the HRC kit, 13.1 piston-2 ring, head ported,full exhaust and a 12t Front and a 41t back. This bike was so fast that noone could beat him at the Oregon Dunes at comp hill! B)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by redrider9045@Oct 3 2004, 08:39 PM
hey i heard the hrc cam is more aggresive then most aftermarket cams
It just has a bigger lift for top end power!! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I beat a hrc kit with just my pipe and a ehs racing lid. I pulled him everywhere beating him by about 4 bikes. He hit the rev limiter every gear. He had a pipe to I think it was a hmf I didnt like that pipe at all. Thats just my opinion. It sounded like poop. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Fatboy@Oct 5 2004, 05:02 PM
I beat a hrc kit with just my pipe and a ehs racing lid. I pulled him everywhere beating him by about 4 bikes. He hit the rev limiter every gear. He had a pipe to I think it was a hmf I didnt like that pipe at all. Thats just my opinion. It sounded like poop. just my 2 cents
Sounds like the guy didn't know how to race if he was hitting the rev limiter IMO. Also, it sounds like he had the wrong pipe for stock compression. He should put the stock pipe on with the end cap and see how he does!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts