Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 and have a full dasa exhaust with a 165 main 45 pilot and stock leak jet also bought the needle for the crf450 part number 16232-MEB-671. needle position in middle slot no air lid and uni air filter. Runs perfect, but im trying to decide what cam to purchace Im thinking the stage II Hot cam or the HRC cam the gains from them seem to best fit my riding style and after reading countless threads on both it seems they are pretty much the same but my concern is i dont want to void my 4 year warrenty i have with and I see that the HRC cam wont. So am i just better off trying to find one (HRC Cam) which seems pretty hard to do or go with the HCII. Also will I need to rejet after installing either of those cams. Sorry if this is already been covered i couldnt find the excact andswers i was looing for using the search bar. Thank you for any help much appreciated.

Kyle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this the part number for the hrc cam that fits my 12 14110-NLZ-A00 or is it this one 14110-NLZ-305 i guess this part number is now supposed to supersed 14110-NLZ-A00 also where is the best place to buy one so confussed any help with be great thank you

Kyle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Never tried the HRC cam, but I know the Stage II is awesome.
Even if you got the HRC to prevent your warranty being voided, wouldn't the exhaust and jetting already have voided it? I'm not sure how the whole warranty thing works.
But to answer your question, no, you don't have to rejet after a cam install to my knowledge.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never tried the HRC cam, but I know the Stage II is awesome.
Even if you got the HRC to prevent your warranty being voided, wouldn't the exhaust and jetting already have voided it? I'm not sure how the whole warranty thing works.
But to answer your question, no, you don't have to rejet after a cam install to my knowledge.
Thank you glad i dont have to rejet and the exhaust and jets may void the warrenty if they do I will just take them off if something major happens.

·
Registered
531 Posts
HC2 and HRC cams are VERY different in an 06+ with the mods you're running. The HRC hits like a hammer down low and fades off up top compared to the HC2. HC2 hits less at the bottom (still more than stock cam) then runs out much better up top. My friend was running the HRC cam and I was running the HC2 at the same time with your mods so we had a real good chance to compare them. Now that I have my head ported and bigger exhaust valves the HC2 hits real hard (still not quite as much as the HRC) down low but explodes in the mid range and runs out great up top. It's a matter of personal preference as to what cam you like, but I swear by the stage 2.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HC2 and HRC cams are VERY different in an 06+ with the mods you're running. The HRC hits like a hammer down low and fades off up top compared to the HC2. HC2 hits less at the bottom (still more than stock cam) then runs out much better up top. My friend was running the HRC cam and I was running the HC2 at the same time with your mods so we had a real good chance to compare them. Now that I have my head ported and bigger exhaust valves the HC2 hits real hard (still not quite as much as the HRC) down low but explodes in the mid range and runs out great up top. It's a matter of personal preference as to what cam you like, but I swear by the stage 2.
Thank you very much see I thought they were similar cams I ride mostly trails and sand pits so I would like the low end grunt the hrc cam but i also drag race my friends alot usually no more than 500ft so I'm still thinking about the hc2. Will I gain anything on top with hrc cam or no? Just the price difference in the cams really has me thinking

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I was in the same boat as you are. Only have motoworks pipe and jet kit installed as of now. I ended up buying a hc2 instead of hrc simply because i had a good deal on it. crf cam is another option. some people oppose to it but some people have used it with success.

You should try 2 cams and sell the one you're not gonna use. That way you have the real deal experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was in the same boat as you are. Only have motoworks pipe and jet kit installed as of now. I ended up buying a hc2 instead of hrc simply because i had a good deal on it. crf cam is another option. some people oppose to it but some people have used it with success.

You should try 2 cams and sell the one you're not gonna use. That way you have the real deal experience.
Well my buddy just put a dasa exhaust on his 07 so we have same mods and same jetting he is going to buy the hc2 and I was thinking about the hrc cam but what can anyone tell me about the 02 crf cam what/where are the gains from one of them? I just wish I could get over the $300 price tag on a hrc cam or I would have one already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what valve shim kit to buy I stopped into my local dealer and he can get them but he said I need to know what size kit to buy which I have no idea. I just want to buy a shim kit when I change my cam Incase the valves need to be adjusted my machine probably only has 10-15 hours on it also want to do my buddy's which is a 07 with alot of hours lol valves never been adjusted any help with knowing wich shim kits we need to buy would be great. Thank you.

Kyle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts