1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having probs with my electrics and no spark issue

Is there any electrics Guru on trx450ER

I have 2 quads 2006 and 2007
The 06 is the spark problem. We have just rebuilt eng and come accross no spark at spark plug
It was all ok before we pulled out

As a quick parts check we have swaped parts from going 07
coil and lead ass
CDI
voltage reg
swaped carb ( for micro switch )

I have manual and tried to test components, voltage for pulse generator and exciter coil peak voltage
I have multimeter but dont have as per manual peak voltage adaptor so i tried to chech with multometer and got some readings but not what book said

Apart from swapping compete LHS cover over i am not sure where to go next

Any suggestions

How does ignition electrics work eg, pulse generator...does this send signal to CDI which sends signal to coil. If i know how system works i may be able to work out if wire is broken somewhere or open circuit
Any help apprieciated

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Since you just did a motor rebuild, make sure you didn't swap the wires going to the coil and the temp sensor. They have the same connector and are in the same general location and they will plug into the wrong location.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
when you say "coil and lead ass".....did this include the plug boot?

mine recently took a dump on me....only reason I ask...

also.....do you have an external 'tether type' kill switch.....again, the only reason I ask is because I spent a good 15min trying to solve a similar issue...just to find out my kill tether was still hanging on my jersey......so now I keep my tether attached to my handle bars where I wont forget.....(doh)....

start with the basics.....kill switch, tether external kill switch, TPS wires both at carb and thumb throttle assembly....

there is also an 'ignition pulse generator' which will need to be checked if in fact we cant find a simple solution....

I assume your bike is turning over, just no spark..... otherwise I would mention the neutral switch located on the left side of the case near the tranny drain plug....sometimes it gets left off during an engine swap.....

jmho...me~

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thanks guys for the info added

I have checked those items. Just to double check basics i removed connection from kill switch as close circuit kills ign and open is ok

The carb and thumb switches i already close and solder one circuit to take out of equasion
When both switches are open circuit ign is cut so by joining one circuit together it elim that.
We do this before we go racing just in case an issue over a jump

I think i have to look at pulse gen

Does anyone know what is a "peak voltage adaptor " as per service manual
This os whats needed along with multimeter

If interested i will keep info posted when i find out fault.
May be good to know for everyone in future

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Is the coil properly grounded? You can varify with an OHM meter.

You should be able to OHM the plug connectors from the stator.......see if they are within specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts