Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Bore Killer
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of you guys that have tried an 02 crf cam....
it it really a noticeable diff?
would it beat a hc stg2 in a drag race??
i can't bring myself to believe that a stock dirtbike cam can be that big for a trx....
also did you guys just run it normal or did you retard or advance it??
this is going in my 05 with hrc kit, this is replacing the stock cam though,not the hrc, so will it wake it up???
thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yes it will wake it up...I love this cam it pulls very strong all the way from bottom to top

·
Big Bore Killer
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input!
neone else?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is an 05 CRF cam worth anything, will it work in the TRX's ?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
im pretty sure hondaman01 has the 02 crf cam and he said the power comes on a bit earlier than the hc2.. for a lilttle more low end

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
sorry.....I have never tried the 02 CRF cam... so I will just be regurgitating what I have learned/read......most agree....that in the 04/05 machines... its a very strong MX cam.... excellent low/mid power with decent over-rev as well...it will definitely wake your machine up........

the 05 CRF cam......is the same as the 06/07HRC cam.....and it is also a strong cam for either year TRX.... in the 04/05 it will be more of a low/mid MX cam..similar to the 02 CRF cam... in the 06/07 machines...its more of an all around cam...with great low/mid/high capabilities.....I myself prefer the 05 CRF/06 HRC cam when racing closed course...cuzz of how well it accelerates out of the corners.....

jmho.....me~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts