Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone was going to buttercup this weekend? i'll probably head out tonight :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are people riding out there already? It's going to be blazing hot. I'm sure the sand will be nice and smooth though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Danny G@Sep 24 2004, 02:28 PM
Are people riding out there already? It's going to be blazing hot. I'm sure the sand will be nice and smooth though.
Shoot, here in the Phoenix area it's going to be close to 100 degrees. I'm sure Yuma will be a little hotter. We plan on going up to Glamis within the next 3 weeks thow. Hopefully it'll be a little cooler by then.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was out there laborday weekend and the weather was perfect. but im taking my trailer w/ac in case its to hot during the day

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Im going this weekend, I wanted to go out there on Sun but my bike wasnt put together yet, got some titanium intake valves, hope there worth it, how was it, Im only like 30 min away, I live in the foothills in Yuma.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Next tome you guys go send me a P.M. and I'll meet you up there. I may just go for the day until it cools off or until our Oct.22 date but I'll definately meet up with you if you decide to go sooner.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 27 2004, 03:36 PM
Im going this weekend, I wanted to go out there on Sun but my bike wasnt put together yet, got some titanium intake valves, hope there worth it, how was it, Im only like 30 min away, I live in the foothills in Yuma.
trxjwb, it was great, it wasnt too hot there was at least 15 camp sites, who does your work for you, how do you like the sparks cam, are you doing a port/polish or just the titanium valves?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm probably going to head out for the day next weekend on my friends 450. I've been wanting to go but I was worried about being the only one out there. Sounds perfect with only 15 or so campsites.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by 04450+Sep 28 2004, 04:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-trxjwb
@Sep 27 2004, 03:36 PM
trxjwb, it was great, it wasnt too hot there was at least 15 camp sites, who does your work for you, how do you like the sparks cam, are you doing a port/polish or just the titanium valves? [/b]
04450, yeah Im doing titanium intake valves and port/polishing, but milder porting.
Im having a guy down here in yuma do it, hes been a motorcycle mechanic for like 30 years, he know his stuff, I cant wait to try it out on Sunday, if my valves come in on time!

I love my sparks setup, it flat out rips, my brother and I have the same setup, exept he doesnt know Im doing the valves, we have beat every Yfz out there yet. He is a 30 lbs lighter so gets me sometimes on the top end, hopefully the the titanium valves will give me an advantage

jason

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wuz wundr'in how Buttercup wuz on Thankgiving 04 weekend??, I want to go, is it crowed, are camp fires a no no or OK?

Thanks.

Chuck M.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by trujeepr@Oct 27 2004, 01:43 PM
I wuz wundr'in how Buttercup wuz on Thankgiving 04 weekend??, I want to go, is it crowed, are camp fires a no no or OK?

Thanks.

Chuck M.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26866
[/quote]

Buttercups will be pretty crowded that weekend, but so will Glamis, and Gordons Well. I have been going to Buttercups for a long time, I just feel comfortable there, and I will be there that weekend as well.

Oh you can have a campfire!

Hows Tucson by the way, I from there, but never lived there, my family from both sides lives there. My dad was a marine so you know the routine.

I have done alot of Hunting on the outskirts of Tucson, good stuff!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by trxjwb+Oct 27 2004, 12:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-trujeepr
@Oct 27 2004, 01:43 PM

Thanks.

Chuck M.
Buttercups will be pretty crowded that weekend, but so will Glamis, and Gordons Well. I have been going to Buttercups for a long time, I just feel comfortable there, and I will be there that weekend as well.

Hows Tucson by the way, I from there, but never lived there, my family from both sides lives there. My dad was a marine so you know the routine.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26890
[/b][/quote]

Never hunted.

Tucson is growing fast, it use to be peaceful, now it getting stressful, it still beets Caiifornia by a long shot.

Maybe I'll see ya Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by trujeepr+Oct 27 2004, 02:36 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2004, 12:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-trujeepr
@Oct 27 2004, 01:43 PM

Thanks.

Chuck M.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26890

[/quote]

Never hunted.

Tucson is growing fast, it use to be peaceful, now it getting stressful, it still beets Caiifornia by a long shot.

Maybe I'll see ya Thanksgiving.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26897
[/b][/quote]

Yeah Im not a big fan of Caly either, I lived in Oceanside off and on for 15 years

Later

·
Registered
436 Posts
Does anyone have pic of Buttercup??, When I went to Salton Sea this past weekend we pasted Gordon Well, I must of missed Buttercup somewhere, where was it??.

BTW dont ever go to Salton Sea unless you like to smell Sulfer, its a very bad place to ride period.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you were are on the I-8 freeway heading west the first set of dunes you saw on the left side of the Freeway were Buttercups, did you see the Rest Area in the middle of the Freeway, its on the south side of the freeway.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by trxjwb@Nov 5 2004, 08:36 AM
If you were are on the I-8 freeway heading west the first set of dunes you saw on the left side of the Freeway were Buttercups, did you see the Rest Area in the middle of the Freeway, its on the south side of the freeway.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28592
[/quote]

Yes I did see the rest stop in the middle.

I thought that was Gordons Well tho.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Gordons well is about another 2 miles down the road, the 1st bridge you see turn right make another right and follow that road and it leads to a dirt road, just keep on keeping on and your there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts