Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fractured both tibula's... Hurts pretty bad, As of right now I refused casting due to my job, but Im taking it easy and hoping they will heal good.

The quads will be parked for awhile, so in the meantime today I bought a 2008 Polaris Ranger RZR :)

I was riding this past weekend, and it had been storming that morning and the day before so the trails were in bad shape. Probably had done 2 dozen hill climbs already and came to an end when I attempted the next. Made it about half way up when the trail turns to the right, and you have to ride over a fallen tree. Pretty vertical incline and was already winding the gear out. Quad went off it's tires and almost flipped over on me, so I bailed off to the side. When I landed it was muddy and wet, I slid down the hill hitting a few logs and the four-wheeler bounced back down after me, hitting my legs once or twice. There was like vines and branches most of the way down too, so I got pretty scraped up.

The pain feels like schin splints (spelling?) but alot worse.

The ranger should be alot of fun!

oh, btw... nothing happened to the quad. I actually just started it up and rode it back to the parking lot and cleaned myself up.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...Are you like a ceo or something lol....cuz just going out and buying a SxS becuz of your temporary disability is pretty crazy, or did you plan on it before this happened

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My girlfriend and I have been talking about getting one for the last year or so... I figured what the hell!

It wasnt so spur of the moment, my best friend was talking about buying a rhino on saturday, and I said for the $ I'd rather have a polaris RZR and I found one about 30 min. from my house, called about it last night but they were going to be closed in about an hour. So I waited till this afternoon, and went and picked it up.

We'll see how the Rhino vs: RZR compares.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
My girlfriend and I have been talking about getting one for the last year or so... I figured what the hell!

It wasnt so spur of the moment, my best friend was talking about buying a rhino on saturday, and I said for the $ I'd rather have a polaris RZR and I found one about 30 min. from my house, called about it last night but they were going to be closed in about an hour. So I waited till this afternoon, and went and picked it up.

We'll see how the Rhino vs: RZR compares.[/b]
It should be a blast, hope your legs heal up fast so you can enjoy it even more! my friend has a rhino and it just feels soo tippy..Doesnt the rzr sit lower? It looks alot more fun if your not using it for work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The most noticeable thing I can see / feel between the two is that the rzr's seats are lower in the cab, and you dont feel like your sitting on top of it.

Kind of like driving a truck / driving a sportscar

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
my friend has a razor and another one has a rhino 660.. they both have 26" 589's.. and ill tell you that the rzr its way faster and more sporty.. the rhino is a fun trail sxs as well though.. but no comp. for the rzr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts