Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was trying to adjust my foot shifter so it would sit lower and not so high. So I figured all I had to do was remove the shift lever and reposition it on the splines to my desired angle. I took off the nut that clamps the lever to the rod and it wouldn’t move at all. After trying to pull the lever off I then tried to hit the backside of the lever with a flathead screwdriver using a rubber mallet. After doing this, my shifter wouldn’t catch any gears and had a bunch of free play. I can even push the shifter that’s connected to the rod in and out of the engine about a whole inch. I then tried to get the bike in neutral by playing with the shift lever and I found the sweet spot where I can shift up/down and find neutral but it’s hard as hell to stay in the sweet spot because the shift rod moves in and out of the engine. Did I bend my shift fork by hitting the backside of the foot shifter when trying to remove it? Is it a bent shift shaft? I’m not to educated on this topic at all and would love for someone to help me out. I just want to ride!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
No you should not have bent the forks. You may have knocked a snap ring or spacer loose on the shaft though. It should not have much in and out play at all. You will probably have to take the right hand side cover off to check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts