Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by BingeNut@Jun 22 2004, 02:20 PM
First off, other than convenience (and they look cool) is there a purpose to the breather tube vents?  And what is the advantage to the steering stabilizers (sp?)?
I would like to know what them damn vents are for too....as for the steering stabilizer, it reduces bump steer and assist you in keeping the steering solid. It wont tend to jerk out of your hands as bad as without it, if you hit anything like a big tree root or something sticking out in your way.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jun 22 2004, 03:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BingeNut
@Jun 22 2004, 02:20 PM
First off, other than convenience (and they look cool) is there a purpose to the breather tube vents?  And what is the advantage to the steering stabilizers (sp?)?
I would like to know what them damn vents are for too....as for the steering stabilizer, it reduces bump steer and assist you in keeping the steering solid. It wont tend to jerk out of your hands as bad as without it, if you hit anything like a big tree root or something sticking out in your way. [/b]
I would suggest looking into the stablizer, it could save you some pain. However, if you aren't doing either big jumps or hard trail riding, no real need for it...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest looking into the stablizer, it could save you some pain. However, if you aren't doing either big jumps or hard trail riding, no real need for it...[/b]

OK I do hit the odd large jump (see rough practice lap thread in the lounge LOL), I will strongly be considering the steering stabilizers. Thank You.

Now about the breathing tube vents? Do they breath better? Any real advantage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts