Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone looked at their brakes, like taking them off. just wondering cause i read in a mag that they swivel or pivot something like that so its easy to replace. :huh:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think that just means you only have to take out one caliper bolt and the caliper will swing out of the way to change the pads. Don't know cause I haven't got my damn machine yet!!!!! (yes, I am getting impatient <_< ) It should be super-simple.

-RR

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt think it would be hard i do my own work on my bike but i just wasnt sure what they were talkin about.thanks man :)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
If you have trouble doing it there are instructions in the owners manual on how to change them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Apr 21 2004, 12:54 AM
If you have trouble doing it there are instructions in the owners manual on how to change them.
What page are they on??? I can't find them. Does anyone know how to change out the rear brake pads??? I can't figure it out without taking the whole caliper apart and I know that ain't the right way. :( Any help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
My bad Motoman, I started going through the manual and realized the page that I though explained it is the page on how to check your brake pads pg. 131. I believe its just one bolt on the side of where the brake pad mounts and flip it open. Sorry man, please post your finds I would go out and look on my quad but I'm at work and won't be out to my buddies house for a couple days. I keep my quad at his place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I figured it out this evening. It was soooo easy I'm now ashamed that I posted!!! LOL!!! Just loosen the rear caliper lock nut and then unscrew the bolt. The whole caliper then pivots up and there the pads are. Took all of 5 minutes to change my pads out.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Glad to hear you figured it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts