Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done top-end countless times but looking within about year to get my 05 TRX450 bottom end rebuilt and i'll already have top end off! I just want to know about how much and who I should send it to that knows what there doing?

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,629 Posts
It can vary depending on what exactly you need, but most bottom and rebuild’s run about $750-$1250 For parts. Of course labor would be extra. On all my motor builds I do a pretty thorough inspection and I let the customer know beforehand that if there is any part that needs to be replaced, I will replace it, it’s not up to them, and so financially they should plan for the worst. But usually it’s towards the cheaper side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It can vary depending on what exactly you need, but most bottom and rebuild’s run about $750-$1250 For parts. Of course labor would be extra. On all my motor builds I do a pretty thorough inspection and I let the customer know beforehand that if there is any part that needs to be replaced, I will replace it, it’s not up to them, and so financially they should plan for the worst. But usually it’s towards the cheaper side.
i figured around $800 but right now i'm having bigger problems new stator new cdi coil every thing checks out done kill switch and key bypass and not getting spark what so ever but everything else is getting power? rephrase headlights start getting power after about 6 kicks then they light up after every kick! any thoughts?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Might be a bad CDI box. It's 100% Normal for the Head lights to light up while kicking it over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the stator I put new cdi in too prior to this to i knew it wasn't it! But she back to running strong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts