Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock FCR and i was wondering what it takes to bore one? i work at a machine shop and i was wondering if there were any tricks to it or things i need to look for before doing it or can i jsut disassemble, indicate and cut it?

thanks

Eric

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
i done mine, and i work in a machine shop

ok the carb itself is pretty simple on boring it, just do your research and figure out what you want to make it and the tapers and size

first taking it apart is a task in itself IMO lol you have to remove everything from the carb and the venturi but be careful with that because it breaks very easily i bored the venturi first on a boring mille, with a indexable head i bored it to 42.5mm and when i was cleaning it up it broke because im dumb and stuck it in a vice to hold it while i polished it (my fault but i learnt my lesson, but luckily i know ppl and they had a stock venturi already bored to 42mm they said i could have

i bored the carb in my lathe, but chucked on it very lightly as to not bend anything and only took small cuts outta it and bored it to 42mm to match the venturi, i bored it straight through and put a taper on the intake side but i cant remember what degree i think 3° but not sure

good luck its prety simple after you figure it out, but doing it for the first time is kinda scary IMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts